Avacor and interesting claims

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the definition of "false advertising" is these days?

The other night at the gym I saw this Avacor infomercial. They threw up these photos that resembled before and after shots- one of a balding head, and the other of a thick head of hair (in the crown/vertex area). Have you seen that one? Then below in writing it says "actual user photos". So at first I thought "Damn, why aren't we ALL on THAT instead of the big three?" But then I realized, they COULD, and I'm not saying they DID, but they COULD legally take a photo of a balding guy, and another of a guy with a full set of hair, both having used, even just ONE time in their lives, the Avacor product, and use those as your "before and after" shots, so long as they don't label the photos as such.

And I am sure and glad that folligen works for you/us. But the only info I find on the web is about "hair growth", mostly related to mice. I can't find anything about clinical trials involving men. I know that tricomin was tested with men, and folligen contains the same active ingredients. Still, would be nice to read some legit data on folligen trials with actual people. But the web is huge, and maybe I just can't find that info with a simple google search.

Anybody seen ads for propecia? Even my general doctor hasn't heard of it- a dermatologist (female) had to tell me about it.

Food for thought. good luck.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Avacor has Rogaine in it. They have been busted by the FDA for false advertising and have been exposed on 20/20 nearly a year ago for lying to consumers and not honoring the money back guarantee.

Avoid Avacor at all expenses!

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Avacor has Rogaine in it. They have been busted by the FDA for false advertising and have been exposed on 20/20 nearly a year ago for lying to consumers and not honoring the money back guarantee.

Avoid Avacor at all expenses!

HairLossTalk.com

I think it is only 2% minoxidil to.

Those before and after pics kinda look like a bad photoshop job. Notice their all "blocky".

Redbone

Reaction score
But what about the Nascar they sponser- those friggin crooks!!!

Typically the body building companies like Muscletech take a before picture of the person in contest shape then they let them get fat over the next few weeks, let their tans fade, hair grow etc and swap them around saying the before was before and after was after. They also don't tell you the people were taking high doses of drugs or other Phsique altering compounds while on their product.

In the Avacore pictures they could be wearing a system or using topik while using Avacor. Notice that they never legally state that Avacor was the only product that they used to regrow hair. They just say something like this person used Avacor for six months and look what happend, when infact they could have been using Propecia in conjunction.

Scams-Scams-Scams

JustinTime

Reaction score
Avacor topical has 2% minoxidil, their herbal pills have ginko, saw p, grape seed extract, and other ingredients, and I don't know whats in the shampoo.
The 2% minoxidil is enough to allow them to make regrowth claims and for some people it may work.
However, their support stinks (good luck getting an answer for a question after purchasing the product) and imo their product is way overpriced.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score