AussieExperiments Story - (28, thinning on vertex with pics)

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
A number of people on this forum have probably seen my posts, and many people have helped me along the way.

I have just turned 28 and I probably noticed minor thinning of the vertex about 4 years ago. However, last year it suddenly got really bad. I believe that 12 months of very high stress may have contributed to the accelerated rate of hairloss.

I have no history of hairloss in my family on either side.

After finally deciding that I had to do something I visited the doctor. Thankfully he prescribed Finasteride. I started Finasteride approx 4 months ago in late September 06.

After discovering Hairlosstalk.com I added a number of additional topicals and supplements to my regime. I started Minoxidol and Tricomin about 2.5 months ago in November 06.

For more details of my regime please see my profile.

I am very lucky to have a caring hairdresser who is quite interested in my situation. I got my hair cut on the weekend and she said that there were a number of new hairs coming through and she thought it had improved since my last visit.

I know it is still early days, as most benefit is normally achieved at least 4-6 months into treatment. However, I believe that I may have had some minor improvement. At the very least it does not seem to be any worse.

I was hesitant about posting my story as I am afraid of jinxing what could be favorable results. However, I feel that with the help I have received from this site it is the least I can do.

I will post further images at the 4month and 6month marks.

I know I will get questions regarding shedding so here it is. Yes I did get shedding which lasted for the first 6-8 weeks. I was probably losing up to 100 - 150 hairs per day. I am now losing approx 50-60 hairs per day. Who knows when the next shed will happen. Hopefully when it does it won't be too bad.

6 November 2006
image1.jpg

14 January 2007
image2.jpg

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you've given yourself a comb over in the second pic...but looks like it's improved.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

Skaff said:
Looks like you've given yourself a comb over in the second pic...but looks like it's improved.

Skaff I appreciate your opinion. As I said in my original post, I have only just begun to see progress. I think it is looking healthier at the very least. Trying to remain positive. Remember I am only 2.5 months into my treatment.

I will post an update pic in a month or two.

Wish me luck :)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks better all around, even if your hair might be longer in the second pic. Keep on it!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Thanks for the feedback

AussieExperiment said:
Skaff said:

Skaff I appreciate your opinion. As I said in my original post, I have only just begun to see progress. I think it is looking healthier at the very least. Trying to remain positive. Remember I am only 2.5 months into my treatment.

I will post an update pic in a month or two.

Wish me luck :)

I just re-read my post and I'm not sure what I was talking about...huge improvement...after 2.5 months?!?!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: AussieExperiments Story - (with pics)

your hair didnt look bad in the first pic, it just looks a lot better in the 2nd one.

great result!

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any updates?

In april 2007 you posted in the shedding forum that it was all over and you were going to have a scalp biopsy and consider shaving.

What's happened since then? Still taking finasteride? What's the status of your hair?

I was really impressed by your gains on month 3, wondering where you are today.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just so you know this thread is about a year old, and about 4 months after this post the OP posted in the shedding forum saying it all went to sh*t and he's quitting finasteride/shaving his head.

i just bumped this to see if he can update us on the current situation.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice.

Rapid change.

Wonder will it work with frontal?
hmmmm...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
It's proven all treatments work better at the crown.