Attention to all Alfatriodol users and stuff

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I just started using alfatriodol. I have VERY slow male pattern baldness. And am 29 years old now. My left temple is lile an me 1.75 and my right temple now is like an nw2.25 so not too bad.

Anyway it gets Slightly worse every year and finasterade fucked me up bad no matter the dosage.

So I am now looking into Alfatriodol as a way of inhibiting my DHT topically.

Now I know it is mild, but so is my male pattern baldness so I want to give it a true shot you know. So, knowing that, how much maintenance could I expect?

Has anybody used Alfatriodol ling term and found it to help maintenance at all? I know true with would not happen at all, but I am just trying to hold the line ya know?

Also, I know they said no side effects since it doesn't go systemic much, but since it is a topical Estrogen, has anyone noticed it causing a puffier/plumper face? Finasterade made my face puffy likely due to the e2 increase. It made me look ridiculous and I hated it.

If alfatriodol caused that for you, did ceasing usage stop it?

Any other side effects such as ball ache and such?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could always try titrating downward your dose of finasteride or dutasteride. It doesn't take much. I am not sure I understand why your face got "puffy". It sounds more like an allergic reaction. Usually, reductase inhibitors increase testosterone levels; I am unaware that they increase E2. Do you know how much they increase E2?

TH1RT33N

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for several months, but not long enough to really comment on its effectiveness. Possibly reduced shedding a bit. No sides at all. Only thing for me is that it takes ages to dry and I have medium long hair so it has a bad cosmetic effect.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could always try titrating downward your dose of finasteride or dutasteride. It doesn't take much. I am not sure I understand why your face got "puffy". It sounds more like an allergic reaction. Usually, reductase inhibitors increase testosterone levels; I am unaware that they increase E2. Do you know how much they increase E2?
They increase E2 because the testosterone that would have aromatizes into DhT will aromatize into E2 dude

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a secondary effect that is not always the case. T often but not always, goes up.
Testosterone(T) is converted to DHT and with less DHT more T will remain. Higher T in a body with high aromatase activity (genes, fat tissue, or a combination) means higher conversion to Estradiol(E2) which is irreversible. Unlike for E2 there is no negative regulation in T production from higher DHT.
How could it not?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Testosterone(T) is converted to DHT and with less DHT more T will remain. Higher T in a body with high aromatase activity (genes, fat tissue, or a combination) means higher conversion to Estradiol(E2) which is irreversible. Unlike for E2 there is no negative regulation in T production from higher DHT.
How could it not?
How could it not? Because it doesn't always.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride and Finasteride increase Estrogen and lower progesterone ( Progesterone is the natul "Finasteride " + " Anaztrozol " of our body since inhibit 5-alpha reductase and aromatase ) . The Testosterone increase is useless, since the E2 will be much higher .
There is a reason on why GSK never release Dutasteride for Androgenetic Alopecia, they are not idiot or inmoral like Merck labs are ( simple read about the Vioxx scandal, same era where Finasteride was approve for Androgenetic Alopecia )

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride and Finasteride increase Estrogen and lower progesterone ( Progesterone is the natul "Finasteride " + " Anaztrozol " of our body since inhibit 5-alpha reductase and aromatase ) . The Testosterone increase is useless, since the E2 will be much higher .
There is a reason on why GSK never release Dutasteride for Androgenetic Alopecia, they are not idiot or inmoral like Merck labs are ( simple read about the Vioxx scandal, same era where Finasteride was approve for Androgenetic Alopecia )
You should get therapy for your issues.