atack,atack!!!!

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
hi all,just a couple of questions. 8O
what is the best policy when it comes to how many treatments you should start with?im at a point where people are starting to notice my hair loss.in my opinion it would make sense to do as much as you can as early as you can.especially when results from treatments drop off after a year or so(thats if you get results!!!!).im thinking of adding a topical inhibitor and maybe another growth stimulant.or should i wait for result with finasteride&min before adding to my arsenal?
has anybody gone 12 months or more without results then had great success??
a few replies would help a lot
thanks!! :)

Redbone

Reaction score
Dude, you have to go with the big guns- get hair restoration that is sometimes the only permanent solution, especially if nothing else works. They average around $3000-6000 depending on how many grafts you need. Once those are in they put you on finasteride and minoxidil to keep other areas safe. It is permanent and a real solution and most people finance.

Why screw around with stuff that doesnt work when there are things that do work. Yes it is surgery and takes a bit of time to heel but in the end you will be back to your old self-hair included. Look at it this way I spend about $200 a month on hair stuff for $35/36mon I can have a hair restoration that is guaranteed. It is not a hard decision for me.

bombscience

Reaction score
No. Give it 1 year and get on a DHT reduction treatment. Finasteride, or/and spironolactone.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You've had 4 months of minoxidil, and 5 months of finasteride. These treatments take time, you should not even expect to see results yet. If you add treatments, you'll be stuck using them. Give your current treatment at least two more months to see if the Min will do its thing. finasteride might still not have a terribly noticable effect for another 4 months or so!

I was thinking of all the crazy stuff I could add to my regiment untill I passed 4 months of minoxidil, a bit past where you are, and saw that my hair was actually filling in nicely (still thin, but its always been thin). Now I have been saved from applying a shitload of topicals every day, have a regiment that costs about $20/month, and, with a bit of luck, can expect to have a full head of hair for years to come.