TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10+ years away so completely worthless to us without any research that we can use for experimentation.

You are right.

Maybe the molecule they discovered will be helpful. We will probably find out more about it in the coming months and maybe we could get our hands on it from china if we think it will actually be of use. Time will tell.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol how are you saying it's 10 years away? Your gonna be on this thing as soon as they release the name of it

Maybe. When we get a paper on it then it will be more interesting. Until then it's just another drug that may or may not be released in ten years.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
AI can do magic if used in a clever way (e.g. deep fakes). I could potentially see it coming up with useful molecules quicker. It can make them more effective & selective, however, it's not going to do anything about the three stages of FDA trials they'll still need to go through.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
AI can do magic if used in a clever way (e.g. deep fakes). I could potentially see it coming up with useful molecules quicker. It can make them more effective & selective, however, it's not going to do anything about the three stages of FDA trials they'll still need to go through.
it wont do sh*t, minoxidil best thing for 30 years to come

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What drug? All I'm seeing is some A-Z guy toting his fancy computer program.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
10+ years away so completely worthless to us without any research that we can use for experimentation.

If the drug is safe and effective it would probably be in the marketplace within 4 - 5 years at the most if it goes straight to human trials.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about the FDA. We just want to know that it's relatively safe, that it works, and how to produce it. Then we will do a group buy.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about the FDA. We just want to know that it's relatively safe, that it works, and how to produce it. Then we will do a group buy.

A group buy that will never happen when folks start questioning sides.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the drug is safe and effective it would probably be in the marketplace within 4 - 5 years at the most if it goes straight to human trials.
Very wrong. Take a look at Winlevi, phase 3 results released in 2018, approved Aug 2020, market release early 2021.
Unless of course 'marketplace' includes Chinese laboratories.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all coming out of Chinese labs even stuff from big pharma. Don't fool yourself thinking any other countries can be as competitive as China.

I can find mention of CB-03-01 as far as 2010 done by Cosmo in Zurich. So what's your point bringing on the phase 3 trial dates when we know pertinently it takes at least a decade to market a new drug

Last edited:

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all coming out of Chinese labs even stuff from big pharma. Don't fool yourself thinking any other countries can be as competitive as China.

I can find mention of CB-03-01 as far as 2010 done by Cosmo in Zurich. So what's your point bringing on the phase 3 trial dates when we know pertinently it takes at least a decade to market a new drug
That is my point. It took this company 3 years just to go to market from the last trial. So there's no way in hell this drug will be in the market in 4-5 years as nameless2 said, even if it starts trials tomorrow.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not ALL coming out of China. Finasteride came from Merck, Sharp, and Dhome in the USA. Dutasteride came from Glaxo in the UK. Rogaine came out of Upjohn in the USA. And once these 3 drugs advanced to human studies it took about 4 - 5 years for them to get to market.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is my point. It took this company 3 years just to go to market from the last trial. So there's no way in hell this drug will be in the market in 4-5 years as nameless2 said, even if it starts trials tomorrow.

Some drugs take longer to go through human trials than other drugs. Sometimes the FDA wants more and deeper info about a drug before they will approve it.

And the companies behind these new drugs are different too. Some companies are better than other companies at working things out with the FDA.

Plus, I think you're talking about the pre-clinical stuff and the animal studies as well. I'm only talking about the human studies. I'm only talking about from the start of phase 1 human studies up to the drug getting into the marketplace. It took about 4 - 5 years for Rogaine, finasteride, and dutasteride, to go from phase 1 HUMAN STUDIES to the marketplace.

And sometimes a potential treatment can skip a lot of the pre-clinical and animal stuff. For example, if a drug has already been approved by the FDA for some other indication the FDA might not require pre-clinical testing and animal testing. The drug might be able to skip all of that stuff and go straight to human testing. We don't have enough facts to figure all of that our yet.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really just news for the IFLScience crowd to jerk off over about how great AI is and will totally solve all our problems.

All it's really doing is cross-referencing existing data to find something we might have missed among known information. So more than likely, all the drug is something that would be like finasteride or better. Doubt it is a drug that will grow new hair as that's likely not even possible.

Nothing to be excited about.

We don't know yet. We don't know which drug the AI selected.