Artificial Hair Implant

xaipe

Reaction score
Hello. I would like to open a topic which will hopefully lead to a fair discussion. I am interested in collecting any experience from people who have had an artificial hair implant. I live in Italy, where this technique is completely legal, while I know that it is not in the U.S., for instance. My personal experience has been very satisfying, therefore I was wondering why artificial hair is still forbidden in the U.S., and why, in general, there is so much diffidence towards it. I have had some minor treatments (I suffer from a "gentle" kind of hair loss), and after six months problems still haven't come. The new artificial hair which is produced in Japan is much better than its predecessors. I am really happy.
But I would like to know if anyone has some detailed information, as research results seem to be hard to find. I have found some, which say that only 1,5% of the patients have problems. I want to know more because I would be interested in having some more hair implanted, and so I was wondering if I can find someone who has a longer experience than mine. Thank you very much.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
xaipe said:
Hello. I would like to open a topic which will hopefully lead to a fair discussion. I am interested in collecting any experience from people who have had an artificial hair implant. I live in Italy, where this technique is completely legal, while I know that it is not in the U.S., for instance. My personal experience has been very satisfying, therefore I was wondering why artificial hair is still forbidden in the U.S., and why, in general, there is so much diffidence towards it. I have had some minor treatments (I suffer from a "gentle" kind of hair loss), and after six months problems still haven't come. The new artificial hair which is produced in Japan is much better than its predecessors. I am really happy.
But I would like to know if anyone has some detailed information, as research results seem to be hard to find. I have found some, which say that only 1,5% of the patients have problems. I want to know more because I would be interested in having some more hair implanted, and so I was wondering if I can find someone who has a longer experience than mine. Thank you very much.
Hmmm. This is the first time I've heard about this.. that is, beyond the 'plugs' from the 80's.

Is it really 'illegal' in the USA?

--
EDIT:

Synthetic hair transplants are illegal in the USA because of the problems and complaints synthetic hair transplant patients were making as a result of having it done. I looked into doing this as one of my hair restoration options because it was still being done then. It was banned shortly after I was considering it. The hair transplant doctor would attach hair (could be real or fake) to tiny aluminum (or or something similar such as plastic) tips, sort of like putting a small piece of metal around the end of the hair and crimping the metal so the hair stays on it. Then they make the slits in the recipient area and put the synthetic or real hair grafts in so the metal ends are in your scalp. After a few days the healing of the holes they made will grow around and over the metal tips, so they can’t come out.

The synthetic hair transplant patient will end up with several thousand little pieces of metal/plastic small “pipesâ€￾ in their heads. The hair doesn’t grow whether real or fake, so it’s always the same length. Over time natural occurrences such as combing your hair, strong winds if your hair is being blown around, shampooing your hair, etc slowly makes the implanted hair come out, many times leaving the tips lodged in your head. After a few years the synthetic hair transplant patient will have to go back to do an overall fill in to replace all of those that fell out. This includes surgically removing any of the pieces that remain lodged into your scalp. After this is performed a few times the hair transplant patient’s scalp is often very scarred and it is inevitable that the patient will have to continue going back for a refill every few years forever. Small infections may occur on an ongoing basis because of having thousands of little pins in your head constantly. Your body doesn’t like that and will keep trying to reject them. This can lead to pain and stinging when you try to comb your hair or when someone puts their hands through your hair.

Nearly everyone who has had synthetic hair transplantation has eventually had them all removed for one reason or another (money, infections, pain, etc). The hair transplant patient is then left with a bald head full of scars which makes it harder to have a real hair replacement surgery which would have been a more sound hair loss treatment.
http://www.regrowshair.com/hair-transpla ... ransplant/

s.a.f

Reaction score
Illegal for a good reason its dangerous, I dont know where you got your sources from but a foriegn (and especially non organic) body will not attach to the dermis and will most likely lead to infection. In other words this will NEVER work!!

xaipe

Reaction score
Thank you, but I know that artficial hair back in the 80's was unthinkable. What I wanted to highlight is that new artificial hair coming from Japan (Nido) and Italy( Biofibre), which combines syhnthetic and organic materials, has resulted in being a good solution. Reject cases have been brought down to less than 2 %. I want to say explicitely again that this new technique doesn't have anything to do with the old one, which was forbidden with reason. Therefore, as I have read, the U.S. are considering the oppurtunity of reintroducing artficial hair implant as a "legal" operation.
I was just curious to see if this fact is known, but apparently it isn't.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
xaipe said:
Thank you, but I know that artficial hair back in the 80's was unthinkable. What I wanted to highlight is that new artificial hair coming from Japan (Nido) and Italy( Biofibre), which combines syhnthetic and organic materials, has resulted in being a good solution. Reject cases have been brought down to less than 2 %. I want to say explicitely again that this new technique doesn't have anything to do with the old one, which was forbidden with reason. Therefore, as I have read, the U.S. are considering the oppurtunity of reintroducing artficial hair implant as a "legal" operation.
Any links?

Nene

Reaction score
xaipe said:

Thats a bunch of BS. The only thing that can transplanted into your head is your own hair or the hair of your identical twin.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oh and the technique they use is to hook bundles of hair strands on an 'anchor' or 'plug' and place them in a spread out fashion to give a totally fake dolls hair type result.
I once saw a guy on a episode of Geraldo in the early 90's who was a victim of this.

xaipe

Reaction score
BS? Maybe... But I still don't understand what you're trying to explain. You don't seem to have any evidence about new artificial hair. Where does this diffidence come from? I was just trying to collect some information, because I was very interested when I read about this developments in hair implantation techniques. Don't be so closed, it might be interesting. I obviously admit that we need some more "positive" evidence, but who knows!

http://www.biofibre.com/

http://www.praguemakeover.com/biofibre.htm

http://hairimplantsguide.com/artificial-hair-implants/

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
xaipe said:
BS? Maybe... But I still don't understand what you're trying to explain. You don't seem to have any evidence about new artificial hair. Where does this diffidence come from? I was just trying to collect some information, because I was very interested when I read about this developments in hair implantation techniques. Don't be so closed, it might be interesting. I obviously admit that we need some more "positive" evidence, but who knows!

http://www.biofibre.com/

http://www.praguemakeover.com/biofibre.htm

http://hairimplantsguide.com/artificial-hair-implants/

whats the price range on this ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
f*****g hell guys have'nt you been listening?????

This has been done before and BANNED for a good reason.
All this is, is some dodgy con men trying to make some quick money. I dont give a f*** what their website looks like this procedure does'nt work!!!!
This procedure ranks alongside the old scalp reduction and Heming mayer flap procedure, it died out for a reason.
Now a couple of decades later someone is trying to resurect this on a whole new generation of bald guys.
Have it done if you want but dont come crying on here in a years time when your fake hair is gone and your scalp destroyed. And that waiver they made you sign pre surgery means that you cant sue them.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
f****ing hell guys have'nt you been listening?????

This has been done before and BANNED for a good reason.
All this is, is some dodgy con men trying to make some quick money. I dont give a f*ck what their website looks like this procedure does'nt work!!!!
This procedure ranks alongside the old scalp reduction and Heming mayer flap procedure, it died out for a reason.
Now a couple of decades later someone is trying to resurect this on a whole new generation of bald guys.
Have it done if you want but dont come crying on here in a years time when your fake hair is gone and your scalp destroyed. And that waiver they made you sign pre surgery means that you cant sue them.

Exactly. If they made some special artificial hair that actually worked and wasn't illegal, it'd be big news for the hair transplant community and trust me we'd hear about. I'll say it again, BS!

cuebald

Reaction score
:woot: :woot: Holy sh*t. Even when you get an ingrown hair (a hair that has curled so it is growing into your skin rather than out of it) gets red and irritated, I can imagine what happens when you get all of these "fibres" inplanted into your scalp.
When you get a splinter (a foreign body probably as deep in the dermis as these "fibres" will be) you can see irritation.

Even if it did "work" per se, it is still no better than a toupee with each strand anchored to your head. It won't grow and in 6 months time it'll end up looking like a tatty old brush. When it looks like a knackered old wig, what then? You'll need it all ripped out and started again.

xaipe

Reaction score
cost range in europe is 2 € per hair, but you only need to have 70-100 hairs implanted to see the first significant results. Listen, I know how artificial hair was, and I know how it is now. Much much better. Trust me. It really looks to be different.

Nene

Reaction score
xaipe said:
cost range in europe is 2 € per hair, but you only need to have 70-100 hairs implanted to see the first significant results. Listen, I know how artificial hair was, and I know how it is now. Much much better. Trust me. It really looks to be different.

Go away.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exactly it was artificial and its still artificial no matter what they change as long as its not your own body tissue IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah it was done a long time ago. It fucked a lot of people up hardcore with scarring and what not. Aftifical hair, not a good idea.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea i checked the sites... and this guy seems dodgy.. and only got posts here....

Sales pitch deluxe :agree:

:spam: