Argument that Woods / FUE allows a cure for baldness

gary

Reaction score
Many people seem to believe that Hair Multiplication (Cloning) be a cure for baldness.
Cloning would offer an endless supply of donor hair. Allowing that a patients hairline
is limited only by his desire or budget.

Aside from the fact that it could be years away, we do not know how safe it will be.
Also, you would still need these hairs implanted via surgery, leaving the success
of your hair-cloning experience dependent on the skills of the surgeon who implants
these newly cloned hairs.

Why FUE yield is comparable to HM / Cloning

The proposal to implant only folicular units published by Bernstein and Rassman
changed the industry, resulting in transplants that finally looked natural.
Aside from scarring the main limitation left to deal with was the limited supply of available donor hair.

A forum member JRF posted a recent study published in the journal Dermatol Surg 2001 Sep, 28(9):795.9
by Hwang S, et al. which finds that hair tranplanted to a recipient site, will take on some
of the characteristics (most importantly, length and growth rate) as the hair native to
the recipient site(i.e. Leg hair transplanted to the head will grow faster and longer than
it did while on the leg and vice versa).

There may still be some debate as to the best method to extract donor hair from
the back of the head, that is not the point. The point is that the FUE process
opens up the donor area to the chest, back, abdomin, legs, and arms.

If the findings of this study turn out to be true, then the implications are profound.
Surgeons could use the seemingly endless supply of body/limb hair to add as much
density as the patient desires, or can afford.

There are some posters on this site, Poet and Help4me who have had this type of work done,
and are actively sharing their results. We should pay close attention!!

It seems that maybe the magnitude of these recent events may be flying a little under the radar.
This body hair study is more exciting to me than the recent flurry of peptide and dutasteride
mania, because it can be applied today, safely, and with permanent results.

Thanks for reading,

Gary

jwb

Reaction score
Chest Hair

I have just emailed Dr Woods looking to see if this is something I could have done. No reply yet

daedalus

Reaction score
Gary,

Thanks for the info. If what you're saying is true, this sounds like a very promising treatment. Keep us updated if you hear anything new.

Thanks.

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil hair?

What if the donor hair from other areas of the body was excess growth caused by use of minoxidil? Would it fall out eventually?