Are there any real Health Risks for FM?

Re75

Reaction score
As Intercytex continues to do research and we continue to wait and see what happens, as it is now ... are there any potential serious health risks or side effects anyone here could think of that might be associated with follicle multiplication?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well they said that both Phase I and Phase II trials showed an excelent safety profile, so i guess nothing to worry yet, unless there is some kind of long-term unkown side effect.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the only one that people can think of is irregular cell growth of the injected cells - cancerous growth, pretty much. But I think Phase I trials ruled that one out. Yeah, something could come up in the future, but theoretically it should be safe, and Phase I "proved" that it is, so I don't think there is much to worry about with HM in terms of side effects.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
For some hypochondriacs and depressed people it could give them joy, that could be a bad thing for some.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
If it took them 2 years to finish Phase I to see if anything happened, then I wouldn't worry about it because the cells didn't turn cancerous.

cal

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we all know that if you don't already have cancer by age 2 then it's never gonna happen.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We don't know yet. Either Intercytex, or Aderans, or both (I'm not really sure) project that it will be released in 2012, if all goes well. Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good news this March when Intercytex is expected to announce interim results for their Phase II trials.

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:
We don't know yet. Either Intercytex, or Aderans, or both (I'm not really sure) project that it will be released in 2012, if all goes well. Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good news this March when Intercytex is expected to announce interim results for their Phase II trials.

The question I have in regards to it's release is .... A- what will the quality of the hair actually be? That answer I dont think anyone can answer as of yet other than educated speculation.... and B- when will it be that there are enough doctors who will be trained in the procedure so that it's readily available to the masses. That's the date I really want to know about. And of course... price..... though i'm just going to save as much as I can. It really seems like the "future" for us.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think the chances of anyone getting cancer from ICX-TRC are any more than with other similar treatments i.e. valveta etc. I am concerned about it myself too but since they are working on many other simliar treatments I think it is quite safe in both short & long term.