Are the hair system factories still closed?

PaulMac

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone had received a non-stock system that was ordered in the last few months. Mine hasn't showed up since it was ordered in April.
I was told the factories are currently closed, but I'm sure some systems must be being made?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most Chinese production was outsourced to North Korea - cheaper more skilled Labour.

Those factories/borders are still closed I believe and there is very little news about the situation in NK. I think they were closed sometime between March and late April.

If your supplier has moved production back to China then they should be supplying custom units but at a higher cost - most haven't moved production back and are waiting on Korea reopening . Who knows when?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to my sources, the border with North Korea is still closed, with no target date of reopening given.

NOT all of the work was done in North Korea, mostly the "venting" (adding hair to base).

Many of the Chinese suppliers HAVE moved the venting back to China, but there is a massive lack of skilled workers to do it, and they are asking much higher wages. This is why supply and quality are now, and prices are skyrocketing.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Could there be any alternatives to North Korea? Are they really the only cheap workers on the planet?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Well, if it's only 60€ more, I can manage. Don't want to support slavery anyway.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are all making assumptions... not always a wise choice.

And yes there are other factories in other countries, just not as prodigious, and they also are dealing with COVID-19.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
ALLEGEDLY One supplier in South Florida is trying to set up a facility in Haiti. Whether this comes to fruition remains to be seen.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My regular supplier has been restocking hair systems. Companies have also been producing stock systems ready for sale. Looks like things are starting to pick back up as we are entering the early stages of company productions.

nba123

Reaction score
My regular supplier has been restocking hair systems. Companies have also been producing stock systems ready for sale. Looks like things are starting to pick back up as we are entering the early stages of company productions.
That s great news! Which company is your regular supplier?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't understand why there are no manufacturers in India since most hair comes from there anyway. reducing the transport cost would make hair systems cheaper for everyone.

mcchicken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just received two custom orders from my supplier. They still had a Chinese factory. They are hiring more workers and skill them up very fast. Quality is not that good as normally, but I am happy to get my units despite the current situation.
Even the production time is still longer, but with 3-4 months it is still okay.
Warehouse stock of stock units is increasing, too.
So, if anyone needs some help, please contact me, maybe I can help and check with my vendor.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I inquired about 2 customer orders from Feb. I was told they would be done in 5 weeks. I just inquired again, because who knows...but he said they are still on schedule. I will see. In the meantime, I am doing everything to preserve the ones I have

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Just received two custom orders from my supplier. They still had a Chinese factory. They are hiring more workers and skill them up very fast. Quality is not that good as normally, but I am happy to get my units despite the current situation.
Even the production time is still longer, but with 3-4 months it is still okay.
Warehouse stock of stock units is increasing, too.
So, if anyone needs some help, please contact me, maybe I can help and check with my vendor.
What's wrong with the quality?

mcchicken

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing is, the knots are a bit bigger. My seller told me the workers are not so skilled, but it’s getting better and better.