are minoxidil side-effects guaranteed?

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
What a wonderfully positive 1st post!

Anyway just wondering whether most if not all of the people on here suffered sides from minoxidil useage and if so, when?

I'm 21, have been losing it slightly at front since i was 19.5. Currently a nw2 i reckon but never had an arrow straight hairline. I've been on the foam twice daily for a month and finasteride and nizoral for 6 weeks. Have been lurking on the site for about 8 weeks, just figured i'd put off posting till i saw some improvements on my hairline.

Over the last few days i have started to see some new black hairs on my hairline plus have had loads of peach fuzz for 10 days - so here i am!

Onto main point:

Never got any sides from the finasteride but new chances were small anyway. Good old nizoral doesn't carry any as far as I'm aware (other than the wrinkled fingers from standing in the shower for 5 minutes - god cleaning myself sucks!)

Likewise, so far, minoxidil has given me no sides. Some shedding sure, but i figured thats par for the course, but no water retention, bloating, pissing like a drunken race horse, chest pains ect.

What i am wondering is, do these sides tend to affect you early on in the treatment like with finasteride or does it take a culmination of minoxidil in your system before you start suffering? if so, as i enter week 5 with my facial structure gloriously unbloated and my bladder operating at normal levels a foot or so below my painfree chest, is it possible i have avoided the side effects?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like you wont get any ,good for you :)

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no.. just dont get it in the blood stream , eyes or mouth ot any other open holes then you will be ok :lol: