Applying Regaine in the morning rush

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Only been on it a week but it's getting increasingly frustrating as it makes my hair look like sh*t once applied (to the crown of my head, not temples - my hairline is fine). It's all greasy and difficult to spike up and style well without looking dead thin and floppy. If I leave it flat it looks awful.

What do people do? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to leave the house and go to work in the morning and not get home till late-ish.

I can't rinse it off or anything and it gets tricky to keep the 12 hour gap going. Any ideas?

Cassin

Reaction score
Ok you don't use a dropper right? I think I remember that from a recent post. I would suggest getting a dropper and wiping off the shaft of the dropper after it is filled with the minoxidil.

Or. Getting Dr Lee's formula that has less PPG and dries much faster.

But I think using a dropper with a dry shaft is the best to start with. Via a dropper you get more minoxidil on the scalp instead of the scalp.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
cut your hair to a no.1 its a lot easery to apply minoxidil with cropped hair

G

kiwi1973 said:
cut your hair to a no.1 its a lot easery to apply minoxidil with cropped hair

Some people aren't down with the whole cropped hair style. And it is understandable to considering they are trying to save their hair. Why would they want to cut it super short? I think the whole reason they are using minoxidil is so that they can enjoy their hair and keep it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for short hairstyles, but that is just me. So mr_sparkle, if you like the short hair go for it. If not, give the dropper thing a try and remember to wipe the shaft so you don't get any of the minoxidil onto your hair.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
okay so I'll have to buy a separate dropper then the UK packages don't get one.

But if some minoxidil does get in the hair - is that really a problem? If the hair is flat and you massage it well will it still get into the skalp via the hair? How can you tell?

Thanks.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most of the minoxidil on the hair will not find its way to the scalp. Still as long as your scalp is getting a proper coat of Min, the only real problem with this is styling.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I style first, then apply the minoxidil with a dropper. I do not rub it in with my fingers.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
dont get a cropped haircut if you dont want to, just keep it a bit shorter than normal. not too long. this should mean the hair dries quicker and its easier to apply without your hair looking crappy afterwards. also, hair should be less floppy when its shorter and easier to spike up.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I style first, then apply the minoxidil with a dropper. I do not rub it in with my fingers.

you manage to work well that minoxidil dont drip down to your face eh ? you got some nice skillz :lol:

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
the minoxidil actually makes little difference to the styling because it seems to act a little bit like a hair gel funnily enough. So I don't mind that too much I guess for the general day - if I want my hair to look really, really good I'll miss the dosage but that will usually be before a night out so can add a second application when i get home and therefore nothing missed!

My biggest obstacle is simply getting it to the scalp without hairs getting in the way. I'll try various methods I guess, at the moment I just let the hair dry naturally and apply, trying to make a middle parting. Maybe applying after it's spiked up would help, and hope it gets absorbed without having to rub with my fingers.

I would go for a cropped haircut if I could but I look so dumb. Maybe if i got my ears pinned back and put on some muscle I'd look acceptable, but I'd still look like some football hoologan! Right now I'm just getting up that little bit earlier in the morning to allow the hair to dry. I guess it's worth that little less sleep for...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Wezz said:
The Gardener said:

you manage to work well that minoxidil dont drip down to your face eh ? you got some nice skillz :lol:

I gotz crazy skillz. Actually, I do get drips from time to time. But, I have learned how to apply it and minimize the dripping... basically, you just have to take more time in putting it on. Don't rush it, be patient, apply smaller droplets. Then after I apply it, I stand still for a minute or so to let it glob onto the scalp and hairshafts. Actually, for several minutes after application I have to walk around keeping my head as straight as possible until it really sets in a bit. Heck, I probably look like a dork if someone were to see me, but, such is life with minoxidil...