Applying Minoxidil To Long Hair Tips?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had any good tips on applying minoxidil to long hair? I'm currently using the 5% liquid but I feel like a lot of it gets in my hair. Anyone got any good tips for applying?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya... rub the nozzle of the dropper directly on your scalp. you dont need to push it out, it comes out automatically at a steady rate just by being rubbed. with a little practice i think this is a way to get almost 100% on your scalp rather than in hair. if youre doing it on your hairline, tilt your head way back and none will drip on your face.

its easier to do this with the rogaine dropper rather than the kirkland, because its a little more rigid... so im using a rogaine dropper with kirkland liquid.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I either use a dropper and kind of massage it very lightly after applying to prevent it from dripping, or when I'm using the brand with a spray nozzle I just spray an extra amount and massage it in as to compensate for what gets absorbed from my fingers

Editor Ed

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya... rub the nozzle of the dropper directly on your scalp. you dont need to push it out, it comes out automatically at a steady rate just by being rubbed. with a little practice i think this is a way to get almost 100% on your scalp rather than in hair. if youre doing it on your hairline, tilt your head way back and none will drip on your face.

its easier to do this with the rogaine dropper rather than the kirkland, because its a little more rigid... so im using a rogaine dropper with kirkland liquid.

Reviving thread here. I always wear my hear relatively long and find minoxidil application considerably difficult. Merely touching the dropper to the head, and not squeezing the bulb (which could douse the hair a bit rather than the scalp) sounds promising, if that's what you mean. But this whole process is so messy, I find it impossible to do in the morning before going out as it simply destroys my hairstyle's appearance, so I'm confined to 1x a day, before bed.