application of spironolactone 5%, HairLossTalk.com, anyone

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
i bought the 5% spironolactone, because i heard it smelled less, but where i am applying it, to my receding temples, there are hairs of different types and sizes, and it's getting all mashed up onto the hair, has anyone figured a way to apply the 5% spironolactone cream without too much interference, i guess the liquid would be better, but i heard it smells like ***. right now i am using my fingertips which of course is blunt, something like a q-tip, has anyone found a solution

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
applying this i get some hairs in my hand, is there way to be less evasive, also HairLossTalk.com how often do you use spironolactone, is that twice per day. how do you apply it

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone application

I have to agree with you that the 5% spironolactone is a b**ch to apply. I just ordered the 2% liquid cause I can't deal with that sh*t anymore.

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
but doesn' 2 percent smell like ***, i'll figure out a way and then i'll let you know.

The Gardener

Reaction score
If you are ordering the 2% from Dr Lee, then you don't need to worry about the smell. Believe me, his old 2% smelled but he has been working on new formulations to minimize the smell, and all I can say is that if you haven't tried spironolactone lately, then try it again. His latest edition smells pretty much like alcohol, and only until it dries, and that's it. It's GOOD sh*t, in my opinion.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I just put a dab of the lotion onto my fingertip, then use my other hand to spread the hairs apart into a "part"... then smear it up the length of the part.

I repeat this going across the front of my hairline, holding the hair to the side, making a "part", smearing up about an inch into the hairline in all places, then I just push my hairline back across the front and smear a little all along the hairline, then im done.

HairLossTalk.com