Anything Else I Can Do To Help The Cause?

JCon87

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few months ago I was at a family event in which I not only saw pictures from my early 20s but was also in a room full of bald or balding family members. Seeing all that hit me hard! I'd like to keep and hopefully regrow some of the temple recession I am experiencing. Currently I am 31, I'd say I'm between a Norwood 2 and 3, my temple recession is starting to carve into the middle as it creeps back. From the top it looks much further back than it does from the front or sides.

I have noticed hair loss over the years but it wasn't until 28 or 29 that I bought generic minoxidil online and starting using a hair loss shampoo (purador). I have recently (2 months) started taking it more seriously and began using finasteride (no side effects that I have noticed) and started getting a more legitimate source of minoxidil while adding nizoral into my washing regimen once to twice per week. I've been using a .25 mm derma roller for absorption and changed up my diet a little bit to make it more healthier.

My questions are is there a chance to bring back some of this hair that may have been lost for years? How long before seeing any noticeable results (I've noticed a few extra hairs around the temples but nothing significant), is there a better derma rolling regimen to follow (anyone have luck with 1.5 mm?), and are there any other suggestions on what I could due to help my cause?

Thanks everyone!

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can take up to a year for visible results from finasteride to become evident. Just give it time and patience. You are doing all you can to save your hair. Finasteride is the number one treatment for male pattern baldness, and is all you need really. I just have one small suggestion which is that you use Nizoral instead of Purador as your shampoo. Nizoral contains the active ingredient Ketoconazole, which has scientific backing behind it as a useful product to use for male pattern baldness. It is the only shampoo for which there is evidence that it helps with male pattern baldness.