Anyone with frontal success where Rogaine failed?

lazarus

Reaction score
Was on finasteride for about 6 months, saw my hair loss drop down to about 1/4 of what it was before. It's been approx. a year total now and I'm fairly happy with the results I got from it, mostly thickening of hair on top of my head.

My biggest problem has always been significantly receding temples (close to a NW3 all in the last 5 years), which has not made any ground and is probably still degrading. I've been using the foam for about 8 months and it has done nothing, no shedding, no vellus, no maintenance. I'm definitely thinking of dropping it, don't even really like applying it to begin with, so moving to the liquid is not much of an option. I realize this is a difficult area, but I thought I might see at least some reversing of the miniaturization with finasteride and foam combined. No luck.

So that being said, has anyone has any success with anything else? I'm not looking to try dutasteride as I'm content with finasteride as an internal. I'm thinking maybe retin-A, or something else topical? What do you guys suggest, I'm running out of ideas.