Anyone use minoxidil get great re-growth, quit then start agian

rcom440

Reaction score
I remember there was someone on this forum who quit minoxidil and then after a few months decided to get back on minoxidil. I think he mentioned that he was able to regrow the hair that she shed, not all but still.

rcom440

Reaction score
This subject was discussed many times on this forum. Do search, it's there.

rcom440

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
mmm .. after reading many posts I have concluded I should no tget back on minoxidil... in fact according to Bryan I should wait 6 months then assess my hair

How long you've been off minoxidil? Did you lose a lot of hair?
Why did you decided not to get back on minoxidil.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I just wanted to know the answer to this question ?

Anyone use minoxidil( foam), get great re-growth, then quit for 3 months and start agian and gain it back ?

like double gains?

or just a duplicate of the gains attained then lost?

rcom - you're thinking of me. i went off minoxidil after bein on it for a few years. horrible shed after about 2-3 months, left me half bald.

i went back on minoxidil and recovered fully (or almost anyway) but im actually going through another shed now tbh.

not sure if i would advice minoxidil for any diffuse thinner tbh

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
right now im going through a bad shed... but i think its due to ru58841 since i have not been on it as im out of it

Is this ru58841 really that good in stopping hairloss?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
irishpride - i wouldn't recommend it because

1) its messy for diffuse thinners. having diffused hair wet or greasy looks horrible, really horrible

2) sheds: diffused hair cant really handle sheds very well

3) you need to apply it all over your head thats a big commitment for a indefinate amount of time, potentially forever.

Someone getting a sparse spot on their crown is one thing but having to plaster it all over your hair atleast once a day is alot

i use nanominox though atleast its non-greasy and dries within 10minutes!

Nene

Reaction score
I've done that before. Used minoxidil (before the foam came out) and got all my hair back. I stopped for a month or so and lost a good deal of the hair but made a complete recovery after. Keep in mind this was VERY early when my hair loss was not aggressive at all.