Anyone use foam for months, saw no or worse improvement and

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats what im about to do.

minoxidil isn't doing anything to my hair. It hasn't made me shed I only use it on temples where no hair is of course and I saw no regrowth, maybe a few hairs pop out but its just not working.

My hair is actually much better because the propecia is now finally kicking in.

(5th month coming soon).

*Edit come to *look* at it it seems my temples have maybe THINNED a little bit but im not for sure.

It just hasn't done anything. oh well.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Chemical J said:
Thats what im about to do.

minoxidil isn't doing anything to my hair. It hasn't made me shed I only use it on temples where no hair is of course and I saw no regrowth, maybe a few hairs pop out but its just not working.

My hair is actually much better because the propecia is now finally kicking in.

(5th month coming soon).

*Edit come to *look* at it it seems my temples have maybe THINNED a little bit but im not for sure.

It just hasn't done anything. oh well.

how long did u use it dude?

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months. I know that may seem like a little early, but seriously shouldn't I see hairs popping out of my scalp by that time?

G

Chemical J said:
3 months. I know that may seem like a little early, but seriously shouldn't I see hairs popping out of my scalp by that time?

Not necessarily.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Chemical J said:

You should give it at least 6 months, but probably more like a year.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Chemical J said:

You said earlier that you had a few hairs popping out. Are you retracting this statement?

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
No im not retracting that statement because there maybe One actually there is just one but its no where NEAR where I put the rogaine foam on my temples.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chemical J said:
No im not retracting that statement because there maybe One actually there is just one but its no where NEAR where I put the rogaine foam on my temples.

Dude, rogaine will work great on the crown but not so great on the temples. At most, expect maintenance for the hairline, thats about it. Yes some people have reported good growth on the front but if you are like the majority, you will only sprout a few hairs, thicken up a bit and then keep things in check.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Thing is, what the hell am I maintaining if im only applying rogaine foam to the places on my temples where no hair is? it doesn't even touch the roots of any other hair on my scalp it only touches scalp, where no hair is.

so its not thickening anything at the moment. I have one sprouted hair, not even where I want it on my forehead so thats not doing sh*t.

The majority: Uses rogaine foam on crown.

But I have a question if the majority uses it on the crown then how am I suppose to get a clear answer on if they got regrowth on the temples?

lol but the people that have reported regrowth on the temples are the people that only apply it to the temples and maybe some also apply to crown, not like it matters.

But what Im saying is rogaine wasn't studied on the temples its just I thought you could get some good regrowth in on your temples... hmmm.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
foam makes my crown get back to 80% of where it was prior to hair loss. The progress was REALLY slow but it is definitely there. So overall I am happy with the result from minoxidil.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
foam makes my crown get back to 80% of where it was prior to hair loss. The progress was REALLY slow but it is definitely there. So overall I am happy with the result from minoxidil.
How many months till noticable difference?

CCS

Reaction score
My brother used foam for 4 months. He can't handle liquid minoxidil. He used it every day, twice a day, and says his hair continues to get worse. He was also using Nizoral 1%, NANO, and inhouse Dutas 3x per week.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS, where did he use the foam at? temples only? or crown? And what part got worse if he used it on BOTH?

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
foam doesnt work

liquid does..

just wonder who sells the liquid, i want to go back to it.

beaner

Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
foam doesnt work

liquid does..

Foam works. Stop this crap.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
I_Hate_DHT said:
foam doesnt work

liquid does..

take 5 mins of your time to read the rogaine forum and see what people comment about the foam and what they say about liquid version. :lol:

BTW, what's your commission??

it must be pretty high.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
beaner said:
[quote="I_Hate_DHT":4dfb4]foam doesnt work

liquid does..

take 5 mins of your time to read the rogaine forum and see what people comment about the foam and what they say about liquid version. :lol:

BTW, what's your commission??
it must be pretty high.[/quote:4dfb4] You should change your name to "I hate Rogaine Foam."

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Both the Foam and liquid work pretty well. I've been on both. I saw results in 3 months. The bad thing with the liquid is that you have to wait for it to dry for a long time.