Anyone use compounded minoxidil from Murray ave apothocary?

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
did you start at 30%, or did you work your way up to that dosage? any side effects (puffy face, heart stuff, irritation) at that strength

I used the highest dosage (30% min with .05 finasteride per milliliter. ) on my temple (receding hairline only). It did grow a few centimeters (used since Jan 2015). However, it's a cream. For diffuse balding areas, where there's too much hair, I'm using xandrox.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
just for clarification, you were using Susan's compounded minoxidil previously, and it was until u added xandrox that you started seeing results? whats in xandrox?

I worked my way up. But it wasn't until I added finasteride and supplemented with xandrox that anything happened. I have very thick hair now. My crown has completely grown in. And even my hairline, for a guy in his forties, is improving (2 cm is growing in). I actually improved my norwood. Going from 3.5 ~ 3 to 2.5. It actually has grown in quite thick. I now have a "fro". I got buzzed in April. Minoxidil grows my hair quick (top is like around 2 inches after one month, honest).

hairwish

Reaction score
Their stuff is legitimate. I've used the 15% minoxidil only in my regime and works better than the 5% foam, HOWEVER I'm having sides from it. The tube says to use pea size once a day and of course I was doing it TWICE a day. Anyhow, puffy face AND beginnings of sunken eye.... it's true. Plan now is to STOP ALL OF IT for a month or 2 and start 5% foam again, too scared to try the 15% at this point. Before using their stuff I was a 5% for 16 years with no sides. Bottom line their stuff is POTENT

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, I'm using the 12% from them with no sides for the last 3 months, and wanted to bump up to the 15%..now you have me hesitant

are you using their compounded minoxidil with additives such as DMI, or AA, Tretonin, progesterone etc? or is just a pure minoxidil creme?

Their stuff is legitimate. I've used the 15% minoxidil only in my regime and works better than the 5% foam, HOWEVER I'm having sides from it. The tube says to use pea size once a day and of course I was doing it TWICE a day. Anyhow, puffy face AND beginnings of sunken eye.... it's true. Plan now is to STOP ALL OF IT for a month or 2 and start 5% foam again, too scared to try the 15% at this point. Before using their stuff I was a 5% for 16 years with no sides. Bottom line their stuff is POTENT

hairwish

Reaction score
It has only AA. That being said I think you should still try the 15 but just be vigilant on signs of sides. I would definitely use it as described, once a day. Not only did I do it twice a day but I washed my hair right before each application. Too much went systemic in my case even dropping my blood pressure, keep an eye on yours. I suppose if you get any sides just back off the amount you apply. I still have a tube left and may reintroduce a very tiny amount on the stubborn areas only, in my case the crown. I was using it front and back but I'm going to do 5% on front from now on and maybe alternate days with 15% on crown , just a tiny bit. Like I said it's potent treat it with respect not like I was doing. Before I even think of using it again I'm waiting for my sides to go away completely.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
oh man, I'm sorry to hear. I am using the 12% with AA, retain a, hydrocortisone. I was actually thinking of adding DMI to it to increase the reabsorbtion and bump up to 15%, and add progesterone, but now I am not so sure. Thoughts?

It has only AA. That being said I think you should still try the 15 but just be vigilant on signs of sides. I would definitely use it as described, once a day. Not only did I do it twice a day but I washed my hair right before each application. Too much went systemic in my case even dropping my blood pressure, keep an eye on yours. I suppose if you get any sides just back off the amount you apply. I still have a tube left and may reintroduce a very tiny amount on the stubborn areas only, in my case the crown. I was using it front and back but I'm going to do 5% on front from now on and maybe alternate days with 15% on crown , just a tiny bit. Like I said it's potent treat it with respect not like I was doing. Before I even think of using it again I'm waiting for my sides to go away completely.

- - - Updated - - -

also did u go through a shed or any regrowth?

hairwish

Reaction score
If you don't recognize any sides then you're good to go. Everyone is unique and reacts differently to all these meds. I was fine on 5% but other's report terrible sides. Truth is these meds are all trial and error for every single one of us, you have to pretty much try it to find out how you respond. That is a lot of extras in your minoxidil to improve absorption, do you wash your hair then towel it dry and apply meds immediately afterwards? I apply it within a minute of towel drying before my scalp dries, believe me it'll improve absorption by A LOT. That's right, I wash my hair twice a day to do it this way. I have short hair and dunk my head in the bathroom sink and wash it quickly with shampoo, 16 years of it. In all my treatment years I never went through a major shed, ever. Just held what I had and regrew peach fuzz on my crown and then stayed that way until I quit everything for 2 years then panicked when I began losing in front. My hair was so thick in front I wasn't even sure if it was susceptible to male pattern baldness but it was! dangit!