Anyone see body hair decrease on Propecia/Proscar etc...?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
no, i havent noticed any decrease body hair...HOWEVER, my beard grows a lot slower....I mean I used to shave once a week...now i can go 2-2.5 weeks without shaving and im 23 years old....its weird.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes noticed a decrease when on finasteride..

Yes I noticed an increase when not on finasteride..

DW BE HAPPY!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
no, i havent noticed any decrease body hair...HOWEVER, my beard grows a lot slower....I mean I used to shave once a week...now i can go 2-2.5 weeks without shaving and im 23 years old....its weird.

Exactly the same here.

balding79

Reaction score
I've noticed significant reduction in chest and ab hair - it's been kind of nice. I think I would continue to take finasteride just for that reason even if it doesn't help my scalp hair :)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
UK78 said:

Exactly the same here.

Im just curious...how are u balding? for me im a diffuse thinner with absolutely no recession...and what are your results so far on finasteride? Ive been on propecia for just about 7 months and my hairloss has pretty much stopped and Im hoping for some regrowth/thickening soon...

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":7dc0c]no, i havent noticed any decrease body hair...HOWEVER, my beard grows a lot slower....I mean I used to shave once a week...now i can go 2-2.5 weeks without shaving and im 23 years old....its weird.

Exactly the same here.

Im just curious...how are u balding? for me im a diffuse thinner with absolutely no recession...and what are your results so far on finasteride? Ive been on propecia for just about 7 months and my hairloss has pretty much stopped and Im hoping for some regrowth/thickening soon...[/quote:7dc0c]

I am a diffuse thinner too, roughly NW2. finasteride pretty much stopped my hairloss after a few weeks which has been great but I started minoxidil 3 months in as I wanted quicker/ more significant results and have been shedding lots since, probably from both.

bubka

Reaction score
yes, i had a good bit, almost no stomach hair, air body hair is mostly like younger boy, very little and diffuse chest hair

i was probably below average "hairy" to begin with

beaner

Reaction score
I have less hair on my arms than I did before finasteride. It seems a lot thinner and doesn't grow as long. Same with leg hair. It's not an extreme difference, but noticeable.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man ,i wish ill have some decrease in body hair
i wonder if it the same with dutasteride

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Roki I think yo have to wax and then it will come back thinner, less and shorter. It's by hair cycle and it's pretty tough to cycle through your entire body hair.

I was waxing the small of my back every month and since starting finasteride I now almost have no hair and just do it every 3 to 4 months. I am soon just going to stop doing it because it's not unattractive at all anymore.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you know i just thought about something my brother is on finasteride for 6 months now and he started laser treatments for all over the body
he did only 2 treatments and he's hair hardly grows anymore ,the doctor was real surprised and said he is real good responder,its was even more surprising because he has dark skin
i think it must have something to do with the finasteride

Lorenzo_91
you might be right i might give it a try in a small area in a few months from now because im only on dutasteride for 4 months

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Try both waxes the one where you use the strips and the one that is hard (real deal wax) to see which one you like more. They are both cheap. Sometimes you will find you are better with one than the other but it's a learning process.

Also it comes with this oil you rub after that help minimize regrowth. Or have somebody do everything.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
actually i have those prepaired stripes at home i used them once for the upper part of my arms although i dont really have much hair there and it didnt hurt at all then i tried the chest but that was so goddamn painfull i didnt continue,im considering laser too maybe ill be lucky like my brother is and 1-2 treatment well be enough

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Well I'm only 20. Before I went on finasteride, I only had 4 chest hairs, so during the time I was on finasteride I stayed on 4 chest hairs.

However I went off it between the 4th and 28th of february and I can now tell you I have 30+ chest hairs (all short new ones though!).

I'm not sure if that's a worrying thing or not because I could possibly be in the later stages on puberty still and the lack of DHT could be preventing me from going through any development I'm supposed to encounter.

Food for thought though.