Anyone see anything after 5 months?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys I have just broke the 5 month mark and it seems that propecia cant stop the runaway train. I have been loosing 200 - 500 hairs a day for the last year. It seems like nothing has changed. Has anyone here seen results after 5 months or so? I am going to give it a full year just looking for some encouragement I geuss. This sucks figures I would land in the 30% that it doesnt work for.

G

actually propecia worked 83% of the time at stopping hair loss in the merck 2 year study.

i'd stick it out, it could just be sheds and your situation could improve. if you are still losing considerable amounts of hair after a year, then i'd talk to your doctor about avodart(dutasteride). or just talk to him about it now- whatever you want. avodart probably stops hair loss for 97-98% of people.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. How can I get Avodart in the US legally? I read here though that it can be risky do you think thats true? I will probably give finasteride 1 year.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just to add some input. I stopped shedding almost immediately after taking Finatsteride, and only after 5-6 months did I truly start seeing positive results. You've already started this treatment... might as well finish it to its logical conclusion. I would definitely give it till the one year mark before reconsidering the decision. Good luck.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
u can get avodart from http://www.inhousepharmacy.com or http://www.unitedpharmacies.com.
i wonder if amount of DHT blocked is equal to % of people who stop hair loss, for example,
propecia=80% of DHt type II blocked and 83% stop hairloss.
in that way, jayman would be right and 90 lots % of people on dutasteride would stop hairloss, wouldn't that be great!

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to start rogain foam as well? I hear alot of people saying give finasteride 1 year. But I feel like maybe I need some regrowth. What are your opinions?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been on finasteride for a month, decided to go on rogaine foam as well as to give me a better chance at good regrowth. i should have the foam today or tomorrow if the shipping times are right.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I am thinking of trying it to. I just heard some people here say to give the finasteride a shot first so you can tell if it is working or not. But I geuss it surely cant hurt to use the rogain also

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the dilemma, do i need minoxidil or will finasteride be enough alone? i sure don't want to have to apply a topical for the rest of my life if i don't have to.

my solution was to cave in and buy minoxidil without giving finasteride enough time to show it's true colors. i want good regrowth not just maintenence, if i use minoxidil i'll be almost guaranteed better regrowth.

G

jj_24 said:
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to start rogain foam as well? I hear alot of people saying give finasteride 1 year. But I feel like maybe I need some regrowth. What are your opinions?

Lol, you should ask this question yourself. Do you want regrowth or are you looking for maintenance? It is up to you to make a decision.

Sadly, I can´t give you any hope. I am in the same boat as you. I started finasteride about 6 months ago (my updated pictures are coming soon) and see nothing else than shedding, shedding and shedding. My hairline is totally fucked up and ruined by now. I am still shedding like crazy and can´t believe I still have some hairs on my head left.

Good Luck on whatever you do!

G

MPBWarrior said:
u can get avodart from http://www.inhousepharmacy.com or http://www.unitedpharmacies.com.
i wonder if amount of DHT blocked is equal to % of people who stop hair loss, for example,
propecia=80% of DHt type II blocked and 83% stop hairloss.
in that way, jayman would be right and 90 lots % of people on dutasteride would stop hairloss, wouldn't that be great!

i think 1 mg of propecia a day is actually right around 83% of type 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were close as you alluded to.