Anyone out there started using when almost totally 'bald'?

slaphead

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Have almost total hairloss 'up top' and have shaved my head for about 3 years now. Interested in hearing from anyone out there who started any kind of treatment with a similar, extensive amount of hair loss :) :

1./ Which products did you try?
2./ For how long?
3./ What were the results?
4./Any noticeable side-effects/social implications? :freaked2:
5./Would you recommend the product/s?

Wide questions, I know - but would be interested to hear...

Slaphead

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I might be a rare case of regrowth after 20 years of full Norwood shinyness, but finasteride etc. has given me some hair on top and at the front, though hardly any on the crown. I used to do alot more, like the laser comb, but I gave up four months ago because the lead broke and it hasn't made any visible difference to regrowth. Hope that helps, but I'm not sure how long follicles can remain dormant. How long have you been shiny?
Boru

slaphead

Reaction score
Boru said:
Hi
I might be a rare case of regrowth after 20 years of full Norwood shinyness, but finasteride etc. has given me some hair on top and at the front, though hardly any on the crown. I used to do alot more, like the laser comb, but I gave up four months ago because the lead broke and it hasn't made any visible difference to regrowth. Hope that helps, but I'm not sure how long follicles can remain dormant. How long have you been shiny?
Boru

Hi Boru,

Thanks for the reply. Am 37, started hairloss when around 19 - became noticeable around 25. Very little hair on top (apart from inevitable 'fuzz'). Been 'shiny' around 10 years....

Probably beyond help (though doubt I would'could ever go down 'system'/hair transplant lines....!)

Cheers

Slaphead

P.S: I considered going for a lasercomb - but am not sure of effectiveness. (possibly another expensive 'gimmick'!)

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
If you still had some hair at 25 you might get some benefit from finasteride, fluridil, ketoconazole shampoo and minoxidil etc. I started by rubbing saw palmetto berry juice, which produced some vellus. Now I have thousands of new terminal hairs, where there was vellus last year. This fine stubble is growing very slowly, but I dye it every few months to monitor progress. You need to stick at your regimen for several years in order to get any results. However, new developments will probably improve viability. Only you can decide whether it is worth the hassle. For me, it is an interesting experiment, because I did not expect any results at the beginning. Good luck.
Boru

slaphead

Reaction score
Many thanks for the tips Boru. May well give what you suggest a try. Any suggestions on where to get the treatments that you suggested?

If I give them a shot, I'll post on here about my progress and maybe supply the odd (!) pic!

Cheers and GOOD LUCK! 8) :)

Slaphead

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
An understanding UK doctor, like mine, can and will prescribe proscar (finasteride) and ketoconazole, though some don't seem to care. If your doctor wont, don't accept a first refusal. I get my scripts free because I receive permanent thyroid medicine, that's benefit of the NHS rules. Minoxidil isn't available on the NHS, though it isn't essential.
Boru

slaphead

Reaction score
Great tips Boru - will definitely keep your comments in mind. I have a year's supply of Minoxidil (5%) I bought recently. Not that keen on trying out the Finasteride though, as my wife and I planning another kiddie (and am wary of the potential effects on pregnant women/foetuses...).

Thanks again and good luck!

Slaphead 8) :)

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Children are more important than Hairs, good fortune with your family. However, I get more good reports on Eucapil Fluridil, and topical treatments are obviously safer than swallowing daily uncertainty. A guy with such a good sense of humour, like you or me, deserves a break. We will win or loose, but either way, we take it in our stride.
Boru

slaphead

Reaction score
Totally agree Boru - Many thanks for the comments and info. Will keep you posted of how I go. Good Luck! :) :hairy: