Anyone here used Super Hair Pieces ...?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

Just been browsing the superhairpieces.com website and it seems well built with a reasonable array of options and configurations.

And price-wise it looks reasonable (to me). If I choose one of the 'thinnest' skin systems and go for their cut-in/styling service, then the cost is £220 delivered. Currently I'm paying around £800 a piece including cut-in, though I rarely have complaints and I get a very good salon service for the styling. I tend to go through 3 systems a year.

Has anyone tried superhairpieces, especially for the cut-in service too?

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My stylist buys from Super Hair Pieces and then marks up lIke crazy. I’ve been on the same system for about 6 months and it’s still strong.

I’ll be going to get a cut in with them after Xmas. let us know if you end up going with them.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used them and I think they're great. I never used their cut-in service but I would never use any. I used one some time back at another vendor and it looked absurd, so that idea (and the hair system) went into the trash. I think it may depend on your specific hairstyle and situation.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used them and I think they're great. I never used their cut-in service but I would never use any. I used one some time back at another vendor and it looked absurd, so that idea (and the hair system) went into the trash. I think it may depend on your specific hairstyle and situation.

The problem is in trying to find a local stylist who is able to cut-in systems, because the hair doesn't behave like natural hair. I have tried a buy & cut service in the past, through NWL and their stylist Debbie, and the experience was the same as yours - a complete disaster and a waste of almost $300 (ordered from the US).

I will take a chance on SHP at some point, even if only for the convenience and to reduce my reliance on just one supplier.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just been browsing the superhairpieces.com website and it seems well built with a reasonable array of options and configurations.

And price-wise it looks reasonable (to me). If I choose one of the 'thinnest' skin systems and go for their cut-in/styling service, then the cost is £220 delivered. Currently I'm paying around £800 a piece including cut-in, though I rarely have complaints and I get a very good salon service for the styling. I tend to go through 3 systems a year.

Has anyone tried superhairpieces, especially for the cut-in service too?
£2,400 serious annual commitment ;-)

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used superhairpieces.ca a lot. Being in Canada, get the piece next day (if in stock).
Never used their cutting service though..I believe they have video consults so try to see if you can show them, via vidoe, your current hairstyle and inquire....
The have a great website, and a big black friday sale on ATM.

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is in trying to find a local stylist who is able to cut-in systems, because the hair doesn't behave like natural hair. I have tried a buy & cut service in the past, through NWL and their stylist Debbie, and the experience was the same as yours - a complete disaster and a waste of almost $300 (ordered from the US).

I will take a chance on SHP at some point, even if only for the convenience and to reduce my reliance on just one supplier.
I eventually learned to cut them in myself, so that's what i do now. I think I actually do a better job than a stylist, because the stylist has to be done in a half hour. I can work on it for days if i want. I did ruin several in the process so i put money into it, but now it's a big savings for me.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not even begin to know how to begin cutting in a system. I can’t even put mine on straight half the time

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Stylists to cut pieces are rare. I have been to a few. The one that was excellent moved! The other ones, well not that great. I got tired of searching and being disappointed and paying outrageous prices only for the added option of them knowing how to use thinning shears and not cutting too short. I do my own now. Not going to explain how I learned right now, but once you start it is very easy! It is not rocket science like everyone makes it to be. And once you learn nobody will give you a better cut than yourself. There is also self-satisfaction in knowing you can do this and doing it. I don't particularly like doing it, but once I start look out lol. Best thing I did with this hairpiece stuff.

The WORST thing you can do is go to a stylist who never did it, but says they can. They will do the sensible thing of cutting it the same length of your bio hair. WRONG! you cannot do that. nope. you just CANNOT do that, though it seems the sensible thing to do.

Also, I now get my pieces directly from the factory. Yup! Their English is not so great, but it is all done from a chat. I found 2 very good companies. They are all in Qingdao. Took a while to find them. Some were REALLY bad, but I expected that when I decided to do this. I pay about $230 a piece with shipping.

Last edited:

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stylists to cut pieces are rare. I have been to a few. The one that was excellent moved! The other ones, well not that great. I got tired of searching and being disappointed and paying outrageous prices only for the added option of them knowing how to use thinning shears and not cutting too short. I do my own now. Not going to explain how I learned right now, but once you start it is very easy! It is not rocket science like everyone makes it to be. And once you learn nobody will give you a better cut than yourself. There is also self-satisfaction in knowing you can do this and doing it. I don't particularly like doing it, but once I start look out lol. Best thing I did with this hairpiece stuff.

The WORST thing you can do is go to a stylist who never did it, but says they can. They will do the sensible thing of cutting it the same length of your bio hair. WRONG! you cannot do that. nope. you just CANNOT do that, though it seems the sensible thing to do.

Also, I now get my pieces directly from the factory. Yup! Their English is not so great, but it is all done from a chat. I found 2 very good companies. They are all in Qingdao. Took a while to find them. Some were REALLY bad, but I expected that when I decided to do this. I pay about $230 a piece with shipping.
I concur. It was not very easy to learn how to cut in, and like i said i ruined some. A significant step for me was going to a good stylist and observing what she did after i already had some experience. And like you said, nobody will give you a better cut in than yourself. Would you share the factories you order from?

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follow up -- bought and had a poly system cut in at SHP 1 month ago. Service was good but they're not like a normal salon. You should go in with your head washed.

Whole service took an hour. My only complaint is that the colour is a bit off but not a big deal. These pieces are half the cost of my regular salon's and the quality is identical (ie. very good, for poly at least.)

I will say, though, I was able to get a month with the Ghostbond XL they used, which is way longer than the 2 weeks I usually get. Maybe its because the system was new or she just used the right amount of bond (ie. a sh*t load)