Anyone having success on low doses of finasteride?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I read on here the other week about someone having good success taking 1.25mg every 2 days but is anyone having success on less than this?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Not likely.

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I must take an average of 0.625 (pill divided in 8) and it has reduced my hair loss a lot. Counting them each morning in the shower. I never loose more than 10 hair in the shower. Lately the hair i am loosing are thin and not very long... maybe 1.5 of an inch. I also use minoxidil. on my hairline though and Nizoral 2% (2-3 time per week)
The left side of my hairline is very acceptable, but le right side is weak, but i see lots of new hair that are thin and pale in colour. Hope they will grow darker in the next growth phase.
Overall pleased.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
grabber said:
I must take an average of 0.625 (pill divided in 8) and it has reduced my hair loss a lot. Counting them each morning in the shower. I never loose more than 10 hair in the shower. Lately the hair i am loosing are thin and not very long... maybe 1.5 of an inch. I also use minoxidil. on my hairline though and Nizoral 2% (2-3 time per week)
The left side of my hairline is very acceptable, but le right side is weak, but i see lots of new hair that are thin and pale in colour. Hope they will grow darker in the next growth phase.
Overall pleased.

what is it about that right side hairline anyway? Just like my right side, seems like everyone's right side is worse than the left

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
a 6th month study involving 100 Norwood-2 males going through male pattern baldness revealed the following stats..

77 (77 %) of the men studied demonstrated greater losses on the right side
23 (23%) demonstrated greater losses on the left side.

This study confirms the general observation by both surgeon and patients that "hair loss in the male is usually asymmetric with greater levels of loss being exhibited on the right side. (Ratio right to left: 3:1).

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe because of the way we comb our hair... Me as an example, i allways comb from the right to the left of the hairline.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice one Grabber, glad to see you are getting results. I guess you take 0.625mg per day rather than every other day? Have you had any sides?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take 0.5mg and my hair loss has not gotten worse. I tried 0.25 but I started seeing more fallout in front so I went up to 0.5 and its been fine there.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give 0.25mg a go, or maybe 0.5mg every two days. I tried taking 0.5mg a day last week for 3 days and had mild side effects. It could have been partly in my mind but I didn't feel like sex, which is pretty strange for me, and I felt weird stuff going on in my balls. I know they say side effects will go away in most people after a while, but I couldn't handle feeling like that, even just for a couple of days!

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
microdosing finasteride

biff said:
I'm going to give 0.25mg a go, or maybe 0.5mg every two days. I tried taking 0.5mg a day last week for 3 days and had mild side effects. It could have been partly in my mind but I didn't feel like sex, which is pretty strange for me, and I felt weird stuff going on in my balls. I know they say side effects will go away in most people after a while, but I couldn't handle feeling like that, even just for a couple of days!

Not to discourage you Biff, but i did use 0.25mg finasteride for over a year, as far as i know it didn't do anything for me, was still losing hair a lot.
i'm now on 0.5 since 2 months gonna give it a try.

the theory behind 0.25 is solid, so it could well work for you, succes!

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
I take 0.5mg and my hair loss has not gotten worse. I tried 0.25 but I started seeing more fallout in front so I went up to 0.5 and its been fine there.

Hi thinning! For me this sounds VERY encouraging!
I've been using 0.25mg finasteride for about 16 months (mainly because of the published dose-ranging studies) , did nothing for me. Now i am on 0.5mg for about 2 months, hope I can maintain...