Anyone Had A Good Crown Transplant Done ?

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had their crown done, I see no thread with good crown work.
I'm not on any meds and hoping to fix crown and temples with a good hair transplant. But I've not seen a crown hair transplant here at all.

Finasterguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The crown is like a black hole for grafts, I had a 1000 at my crown, which was a dumb idea, already had a little bit of hair there anyways but I saw no significant difference. Putting hair in the frontal area will give you probably the best cosmetic difference.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my frontal third transplant done. Even though the crown is thinning I was advised to leave it alone, as the existing hair will blend in with the new grafts that would never be as dense as native hair. As mentioned above, the crown seems to be where the results are least noticeable. With diffuse thinning, the added risk of transection of native hair seems to make it not worthwhile. Unless you're slick bald in the crown, it is probably often not worth getting it done. Many of those hard-selling Turkish clinics however will always be more than happy to take your money, give you a low hairline as well as a supposedly 'full' crown that in time will unlikely look much better than before.
I'd say weigh up on how important you feel about having the crown done, have a few different viewpoints from various clinics, and consider your remaining donor hair for future prospect etc.

Last edited: