anyone got Scalp psoriasis using minoxidil? PLZ HELP

youfunkithing

Reaction score
Hi all been been a while since I last posted

Ive been on Propecia for 6 months now and can honestly say its done nothing. I have lost more hair on my hairline and all over the top, I have now resorted to a buzz cut #3 (depressing always had longer hair). Im just hoping that it will come back over the next 12 months or so.

Anyway to the point I have scalp psoriasis (yes i know I have it all goin for me lol) I have tried minoxidil 2% before and it burnt my head and irritated the psoriasis. I was hoping to start the minoxidil to get some regrowth however Im terrified the rest of my hair will get even thinner due to the sheds(Im still shedding from Porpecia) and my scabby head will be on show for all to see.

Is anyone else using minoxidil who sffers with Scalp P if so how have you managed and whats my best way forward?

Thanks all

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get psoriasis from minoxidil. However if you have scalp psoriasis minoxidil can make it flare up.

I don't have scalp psoriasis but minoxidil makes my head itch like crazy. It gives my dry, flaky scalp. I'm weening off minoxidil right now because I think a healthy scalp without minoxidil will give me better hair then a f'ked up one with. After 11 months of minoxidil my hair looks thinner than before.