Anyone experience breakouts for using glue/hair systems in general?

odose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my first time hair system put on 3 weeks ago. Its a poly and it was put on using a glue bond. Its still a strong hold 3 weeks in but I plan on getting it reattached next week. I've noticed the past week my skin on my face has been breaking out everywhere.(Not near the hair system though) Has anyone had any bad interactions with glue bond and switched to tape for this reason? The glue bond has lasted so long and is so strong. I'm thinking of trying take next week on my poly unit, but I'm scared it wont be as strong as this glue bond that was used.

This breakout could be totally unrelated to the hair system or glue but I havnt had anything like this in years so its worth asking.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The obvious question is have you changed your face washing routine as a result of getting a hair system? I can say I was cautious initially, but I've since just put on a shower cap and put it as high as possible

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hummm. Hard to say. Could be coincidence. If the scalp has no reaction I would not think it's from the adhesive, do you never get break outs on your face?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Contact dermatitis almost always extends beyond the area where the irritant is placed.

I can't use tape. Scalp protector does absolutely - and I mean absolutely - nothing to help.

A few layers of Got2B, however, give a decent level of protection. Still, tape is such too bothersome for me to use.

A shame - as it's so much easier to use than messy glue.