Anyone Ever Got One Side Done At A Time?

subterfuge

Reaction score
I think this question might sound weird, but it kind of makes sense in my head lol

I am receding. The corners of my hairline have risen and I feel it ages me.

However, i'm very interested in the ide of getting just one corner done. Waiting a year to see how it looks, and then getting the other side done! (with the same surgeon if the result is good)

I feel like if I got just one side done with an UNshaved FUE, I could basically hide the area with a kind of side part whilt it heals. And then wear my hair to the other side to hide the now 'uneven' hairline (whilst also showing off my now improved hairline on the exposed side) whilst I arrange my next transplant!

It would also mean that in the event that I wasn't pleased with the result, I've used a smaller number of grafts and I can also choose a better surgeon next time

Would a surgeon be OK with this?

Anyone ever tried this, or am I being a moron?

Last edited:

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering this as well.

It probably would give the surgeon an incentive to do a good job as well knowing that you'd be coming back.

It would probably look very strange for most people.

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this question might sound weird, but it kind of makes sense in my head lol

I am receding. The corners of my hairline have risen and I feel it ages me.

However, i'm very interested in the ide of getting just one corner done. Waiting a year to see how it looks, and then getting the other side done! (with the same surgeon if the result is good)

I feel like if I got just one side done with an UNshaved FUE, I could basically hide the area with a kind of side part whilt it heals. And then wear my hair to the other side to hide the now 'uneven' hairline whilst I arrange my next transplant!

It would also mean that in the event that I wasn't pleased with the result, I've used a smaller number of grafts and I can also choose a better surgeon next time

Would a surgeon be OK with this?

Anyone ever tried this, or am I being a moron?

Smart way to approach this. It can show you how things will be based on your physiology and you wont waste so much money and etc in long run. Also, make sure to discuss policies when something goes wrong. Some docs refund and try to fix you while some argue and say tough luck and pay me more to fix it. Some never want to talk refunds.

If your screwed, the whole scalp can be screwed as well as your finances and well being. Im in such a bad situation and your idea definitely is a good way to approach this industry which i hope is regulated real soon.

very good question and im curious to see if anyone did this.