Anybody want to sell Proscar/Propecia???

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks as if my replacement order from UnitedPharmacies is going to be confiscated from U.S. Customs also. My supply is now running low, and I'm now starting to get desperate--I need my "hair fix" : ) I have a paypal account. I'm thinking about trying Inhousepharmacy, but I'm not having too good of luck at the moment with customs...

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

HelloHello, so I just need to fill out that form? I don't have to send any medical records or anything? I see that they say "you will not be billed until your prescription is approved."

joeylloyd, how many times have you ordered from them? That's a great price for the Proscar.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep just fill out the form at the bottom, you don't need a prescription.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
The site I posted is actually cheaper and provides branded as opposed to generic proscar for a lower price than the one Hello Hello posted btw.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
It is more expensive, but they post from US so no problems with customs.

Plus check the link 'price guarantee' they beat any online price by 25%.

bluntman

Reaction score
the one american site sells Merck generic propecia. I didnt even know that merck came out with generics? Has anyone ordered it from the site that hellohello posted?

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
joeylloyd said:
Considering most people complaining about sides from proscar use the generics I think that says it all as far as cost vs quality.

Huh? We are talking about the same active ingredient here...Finasteride. You do realize that all "generic" is, is the same drug without the company's name on the front? It's not like generic beer, where it is lousy compared to other beer. Finasteride is finasteride. Walk into a pharmacy sometime and count how many "generic" drugs you see.

Personally I'm on generic Proscar (Fincar) and I'm having no sides, stopped losing hair, and I'm regrowing hair.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with UK or US generics for the most part but don't trust third world countries much at all. At the end of the day why take a risk with your health?

Also, you say finasteride is finasteride etc etc but how can you trust some small asian manufacturer for instance versus the company that developed the drug?

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
joeylloyd said:
I have no problem with UK or US generics for the most part but don't trust third world countries much at all. At the end of the day why take a risk with your health?

Also, you say finasteride is finasteride etc etc but how can you trust some small asian manufacturer for instance versus the company that developed the drug?

In my case, Cipla makes the finasteride I take, and they are not a UK or US company, they are in India. If you doubt they are reputable, here is a little quote from their site:

Exports for the financial year ended March 31, 2005 amounted to more than Rs.10,500 million. Cipla exports raw materials, intermediates, prescription drugs, OTC products and veterinary products. Cipla also offers technology for products and processes. Technical know-how/fees received during the year 2004-05 amounted to Rs.415 million. Cipla's manufacturing facilities have been approved by the following regulatory authorities:

Food and Drug Administration (FDA), USA
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), UK

Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Australia
Medicines Control Council (MCC), South Africa
National Institute of Pharmacy (NIP), Hungary
Pharamaceutical Inspection Convention (PIC), Germany
World Health Organisation (WHO)
Department of Health, Canada
State Institute for the Control of Drugs, Slovak Republic
ANVISA, Brazil

More information about Cipla that is not from their site:

Cipla - Chemical, Industrial & Pharmaceutical Laboratories - was founded in Bombay, in 1935 by Dr Khwaja Abdul Hamied, a German-trained chemist. The company's first products were released in 1937. In 1941, as the Second World War cut off drug supplies to the country, Cipla began producing its own fine chemicals. In 1952, the company set up its first research division, and in 1960, Cipla's second plant, at Vikhroli in Bombay, commenced operations. The
company started an Agricultural Research Division at Bangalore in 1972, for the scientific cultivation of medicinal plants, and in 1982, Cipla's fourth factory commenced operations at Patalganga, Maharashtra. The US FDA first approved Cipla's bulk drug facilities in 1985, and in 1994, the company's fifth plant began commercial operations at Kurkumbh, Maharashtra. Cipla's most recent plant is at Goa. The plant commenced operations in April 2003, and is earmarked to produce the company's entire range of anticancer and hormonal drugs.

Quick information about generics:

The manufacturing facilities of all pharmaceutical companies, whether they are makers of brand or generic drugs, must pass stringent, regular inspection by the MCC. There is no difference between the manufacturing standards set for generic pharmaceutical companies and those set for brand pharmaceutical companies. The approval for both manufacturers may take several years. Many pharmaceutical companies that make brand-name drugs also make drugs sold under generic labels. Conversely, many generic companies manufacture drugs for brand-name companies.

To be considered "bioequivalent / therapeutically equivalent" to its brand-name counterpart, a generic drug must not only have identical active chemical compounds, but the quantity and rate of absorption of its active ingredients into the bloodstream must also be the same or similar, within ranges designated and approved by the MCC. (Most oral medication must be absorbed into the bloodstream before it can produce the medical results your physician is trying to achieve.) If the MCC is satisfied with the studies submitted by the generic manufacturer for its review, the agency approves the generic drug as bioequivalent/ therapeutically equivalent to the brand, thereby recognizing it as equal to and interchangeable with the brand product. Your doctor and pharmacist recommend only products that have been approved by the MCC.

Sometimes the generic version of a drug may have a different colour or shape from its brand-name counterpart. These differences have no effect on the efficacy of the drug. They are created simply to distinguish the appearance of one drug from another.

When applying for approval of a generic drug, a pharmaceutical company must comply with the registration requirements of the MCC. These requirements entail supplying a great deal of information about the product in a prescribed format i.e.

* Listing of all ingredients (both active and inactive)
* The manufacturing process
* Packing material
* Efficacy and Quality
* Controlled testing of both raw materials and the final product.

The MCC reviews this information and determines whether the drug is acceptable for registration.

The major difference between the review of a brand drug and the review of a generic drug is that the manufacturer of the generic drug is not required to duplicate the original medical studies proving the safety and efficacy of the chemical compound. Since medical usefulness, i.e. the safety and efficacy of the brand-name drug has already been determined and approved, only bioequivalence/therapeutic equivalence testing is required for a generic drug. The MCC approves only those generic drugs shown to be bioequivalent/therapeutically equivalent to the brand-name (originator) product.
...and on and on...

I'm not talking about a small manufacturer here, this is a huge pharmaceutical company. The finasteride is not produced by the company that developed the drug, therefore it is considered "generic", it's really just that simple. It doesn't mean it doesn't work or causes more side effects.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Follow up:

I ordered from propecia-discount.com and received an email confirmation a couple of days thereafter. The total cost is rather expensive ($100!)--I didn't see the "low price guarantee" until after I ordered (it's not on the "order" page). Nevertheless, if they ship from the U.S., at least I won't have a problem with Customs. Keeping my fingers crossed...

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Concerning propecia-discount.com, I was reading over the discussion generic vs. brand-name. Doesn't "propecia discount" sell both? Is the $88 Proscar not legitimate, because that's what I ordered. Please tell me it is...

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ordered from these guys? The price is pretty good, but I can't find any info on them here, and Google comes up empty too.

I was hesitant too but I was happy enough when they emailed me a picture of what they had and I could see it was genuine since it had that day's Times newspaper next to it. If you have any concerns email them. As far as I'm concerned the product I ordered arrived so I am a happy camper.

I'm not talking about a small manufacturer here, this is a huge pharmaceutical company. The finasteride is not produced by the company that developed the drug, therefore it is considered "generic", it's really just that simple. It doesn't mean it doesn't work or causes more side effects.

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Noting and this is my final comment on this that you can buy rolex watches that look the same as the real thing, or buy Marlboro cigarettes from abroad which look the same and are produced under license but don't taste the same as UK ones. Lol, having been to India I can tell you even the coca cola there tastes different to over here. If massive companies like Coca Cola and Marlboro can't reproduce something very simple what makes you think a drug like finasteride is going to be accurately produced consistently? Hmm.

As a bodybuilder which is how I got into this whole hair saving malarkey I can also say that steroids produced in India/Pakistan under license from a US firm tends not to be dosed correctly - you can check this out if you don't believe me by asking guys you know who might use steroids if they would prefer sustanon manufactured in the UK or Pakistan where underdosing is a problem. Or check Anabolics 2005 which tested drugs from countries like India and found them to be consistently underdosed.

So when even licensed cigarettes and drugs don't stand up when produced abroad what confidence do I have in an Indian pharmaceutical company. You sound like you are engaging in rationalising behaviour to justify playing it cheap and chances are you buy fake designer clothes and tell yourself no-one can tell, pirate dvd's etc etc.

The fact is there is only one GUARANTEED source for quality. At the end of the day I will pay a premium (and it's only a small one from the website I mentioned) for genuine branded drugs developed in US/EU versus something cooked up in India/Pakistan.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Well we will have to agree to disagree.
You are correct here. You are comparing coca cola made by god knows who to drugs made by a company whos manufacturing facilites are approved by the FDA MHRA and many other nations, and also sells their AIDS medication around the globe.

Noting and this is my final comment on this that you can buy rolex watches that look the same as the real thing, or buy Marlboro cigarettes from abroad which look the same and are produced under license but don't taste the same as UK ones. Lol, having been to India I can tell you even the coca cola there tastes different to over here. If massive companies like Coca Cola and Marlboro can't reproduce something very simple what makes you think a drug like finasteride is going to be accurately produced consistently? Hmm.

Maybe because they arn't selling these things to international customers, maybe because they are not regulated or manufacturing facilites are not approved in other countries, maybe because you are talking about a soft drink and not a hair loss drug? Hmm. By the way there are plenty of things that don't taste the same in the UK as they do in the USA, does that mean they are crap as well?

As a bodybuilder which is how I got into this whole hair saving malarkey I can also say that steroids produced in India/Pakistan under license from a US firm tends not to be dosed correctly - you can check this out if you don't believe me by asking guys you know who might use steroids if they would prefer sustanon manufactured in the UK or Pakistan where underdosing is a problem. Or check Anabolics 2005 which tested drugs from countries like India and found them to be consistently underdosed.

I have absolutely zero interest in steriods, nor do I know anyone who uses them, nor would I find it at all suprising that there are sources for them that are less than reputable.

So when even licensed cigarettes and drugs don't stand up when produced abroad what confidence do I have in an Indian pharmaceutical company. You sound like you are engaging in rationalising behaviour to justify playing it cheap and chances are you buy fake designer clothes and tell yourself no-one can tell, pirate dvd's etc etc.

First off, there is no reason to try and talk down to me, I'm not doing it to you and you know nothing about me. Second: Are you really trying to compare cigarettes and steriods that might be from "wherever" to a hair loss drug made by a mutimillion dollar company whos facilites have been inspected by the World Health Organization and nations from around the globe? Apples and Oranges.

The fact is there is only one GUARANTEED source for quality. At the end of the day I will pay a premium (and it's only a small one from the website I mentioned) for genuine branded drugs developed in US/EU versus something cooked up in India/Pakistan.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. This is a quote taken from today's New York Times:

Cipla, India's third-largest drug maker, has copied dozens of Western drugs, including Lipitor and v****, and produces raw ingredients for Western drug companies. Its inexpensive H.I.V. drugs, approved by the World Health Organization, are used by 400,000 people worldwide.

It's quite possible the very drugs you are purchasing are made from raw ingredients made by a "generic" company.

I know more than I need to know already...I'm not losing hair anymore and I'm regrowing what I had lost, taking a "generic". I also know I don't have to buy Bayer brand asprin if I have a headache. There is more than one option. Options are a good thing, not a bad one.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I agree I was out of order for talking down so apologies for that.

However, my point hasn't been understood so I will clarify.

I am saying that with respect to steroids, coca-cola, cigarettes etc the products are all official products made under license in places like India. I'm not referring to counterfeit goods (making the rolex example confused the issue I guess.

If drugs/goods made by the same manufacturer fail to hold up when made abroad I won't necessarily trust a foreign source compared to an original product.

You might well be getting 100% finasteride dosed accurately but given the same company's (Cipla) poor track record with steroids (they produce them as well) which are rarely favoured by bodybuilders despite being cheap you have to wonder if they don't cut corners. I am just stating a fact here that indian/pakistani drugs have a poor reputation. I'm not saying it is the company deliberately underdosing - maybe they have poor systems in place, maybe poor staff etc.

The fact is that if even Organon and big soft drinks and cigarettes manufacturers can't replicate the same product abroad as in the US/UK I wouldn't be so quick to trust Cipla cos no matter how many qualifications they have etc they are not the same scale as the aforementioned firms.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not finding any information regarding Cipla that agrees with you though, and I have researched tons of information about their regulations/inspections worldwide when it comes to drugs like finasteride (not only that, but I use their product and it works). In fact the only thing I have found regarding what you claim is one post on a body building forum, which leads me to believe it might be you? Why I'm looking for Cipla underdosed steriod information in the first place I don't know. The rest of what you have mentioned I actually already addressed in my posts above.