Anybody Here Have Experience With Having A Hair Transplant In Front And System In Back For Advanced

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
baldness? I have heard of some people doing a plugs in front rugs in back combo because they are very bald and don't have enough donor for full coverage or density but want a more natural hairline and temple points to help alleviate detectability issues with hairpieces so they pack the front and wear a system in the back. I am basically asking if anyone here has done it and how does it compare with just wearing a system? Is it more or less maintenance and do you have more hairstyle options with a partial than a full topper? Does it look right for example and still blend if you try to grow out your forelocks and horseshoe to get a longer hairstyle?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been brought up plenty of time before. I've read about a few who had it done and only seen a couple of results. The issue is that a hair transplant won't match the density of the system, basically it would require at least two transplants.
Maintenance wise I think it might be a little easier and flaws might be easier to hide, but fixing the hair line otherwise takes about 5-10 min from what I've seen.

I would rather spend the money on fixing the temple points if they are too receded. In my opinion, it's almost never the hair line that is the issue if a hair system looks odd.

shookwun

Reaction score
Waste of time. It will never replicate a hair piece in density and you will be stuck wearing a piece to camoflouge an unnatural frontal band of hair transplanted at the front.

@Bigbone is correct. It would be a better investment in having a transplant to restore temple points and add density to the sides.

If you ever want to ditch the piece you will be in an awkward situation if you choose otherwise