Anybody Have Advice Regarding Dandruff and Oil?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody has any tips for handling dandruff and oil buildup with their systems. I’m able to do 7-10 days with my system, 12 if I’m pushing it but the limiting factor seems to be irritation from dandruff and oil. Usually around day 7ish I start to get itching and irritation usually around the perimeter and it just worsens through to day 10. I’ll be going to Europe for 12 days total and don’t want to do a full de-re while I’m there so wondering if anybody has tips I can use. Typically I use Walker max sport scalp protector and I use Walker ultra hold tape around the perimeter and middle. I wear a full poly system

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you get dandruff in a hair system? Dandruff is caused by a flaky scalp, but it's not possible with a hair system so your post makes absolutely no sense. As for oil, if the system gets too oily just wash it. I think a spray in leave in conditioner works better than oils btw.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you get dandruff in a hair system? Dandruff is caused by a flaky scalp, but it's not possible with a hair system so your post makes absolutely no sense. As for oil, if the system gets too oily just wash it. I think a spray in leave in conditioner works better than oils btw.
I’m talking about my scalp. When I take off my system, my scalp under the system usually has a bunch of dandruff/oil buildup that gives me irritation

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if it's really bad see a dermatologist.

anecdotally i find that eating a bland diet with lots of raw vegetables and avoiding, in particular, fried foods and fatty foods such as cheese can drastically reduce the amount of oil on my skin and scalp.

try to avoid washing your scalp with very hot water.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you clarify where you get the oil and buildup? Are you talking your entire scalp, or just the areas around the perimeter where there is likely to be ample dense bio hair.

Oil buildup and dandruff on a totally naked scalp is very unusual.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you clarify where you get the oil and buildup? Are you talking your entire scalp, or just the areas around the perimeter where there is likely to be ample dense bio hair.

Oil buildup and dandruff on a totally naked scalp is very unusual.
Pretty much the entire scalp where the system is on. Mostly at the perimeter but even in the center/behind the hairline I’ll have some dandruff flakes stuck to the tape when I remove my system. So yeah I’m not really sure what to make of it

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much the entire scalp where the system is on. Mostly at the perimeter but even in the center/behind the hairline I’ll have some dandruff flakes stuck to the tape when I remove my system. So yeah I’m not really sure what to make of it
I have never seen this. You need to see a dermatologist.