Anybody Had any success with Tricomin?

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking into Tricomin guys, can anyone give me any personal info does it smell? Does it stain your head or is it colourless? Can you use it before you went to work? Has anybody had any bad experiences with it?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I believe tricomin is a form of folligen, which does not stain your head. You can use it before work no problem and is quite nice on your hair without being messy at all. The problem is, its not quite as effective as folligen (not as strong), and is more expensive.

G

ShedMaster said:
I believe tricomin is a form of folligen, which does not stain your head. You can use it before work no problem and is quite nice on your hair without being messy at all. The problem is, its not quite as effective as folligen (not as strong), and is more expensive.

The original tricomin was formulated by the PHD who now owns skinbiology and formulates folligen. It is his statement that the current folligen formula is superior to the current tricomin formula.

He should know as he has all both sets of patents.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying guys, I kind of knew what the answer would be although I thought i'd ask anyway!. It's just that with Folligen it stained my head Green even after numerous washings! It is an avenue that i'd like to go down although if there were a similar product without colouring/odour then i'd definately add it to my regimen.

Perhaps I was using too much Folligen? Would that still stain my head? I have dark hair so there shouldn't be a problem there? I guess i'll have to experiment further with Folligen. I still have alot left in the bottle I purchased so hopefully i'll work something out!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
If you have dark hair, then I wouldn't worry about it. Blondes have a problem with it on occasion. I'm blonde but I just rinse it off in the AM. I would recommend using a dropper for application. The sprayer just gets a lot on the hair and wastes it.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you recommed putting the Folligen on top of minoxidil and spironolactone?

G

Hess said:
Would you recommed putting the Folligen on top of minoxidil and spironolactone?

Are you using the spray? If so, I would add it 10 last after the other two substances.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
If you have dark hair, then I wouldn't worry about it. Blondes have a problem with it on occasion. I'm blonde but I just rinse it off in the AM. I would recommend using a dropper for application. The sprayer just gets a lot on the hair and wastes it.

but the folligen site says to spray a fine mist into the hair, it doesnt say anything about it being wasted if it doesnt contact the scalp.

G

jblig said:
ShedMaster said:

but the folligen site says to spray a fine mist into the hair, it doesnt say anything about it being wasted if it doesnt contact the scalp.

I have used the therapy spray for over 10 yrs and ALWAYS used a dropper from the minoxidi bottle. It helps me get the liquid on the scalp and not on the hair.

Works much better IMHO. Do the same with crinagen.