Anybody Getting Back On Finasteride After Having Sides?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dudes and Dudettes,

I experienced serious side effects after being on finasteride, the thing is I only really experienced them after 4 blessful years of successfully taking it. And I think the sides really only kicked off after switching to generic finasteride after moving to a different country. These sides included:

-aggression
-nervosity
-cracking, popping joints (painful)
-urinary problems
-weight gain
-ED, loss of morning wood
-loss of libido

The first 5 issues completely fixed themselves after stopping the drug, I am still suffering from a low libido and weaker erections, which are almost never spontaneous. But that might be due to a different medication I have to take at the moment.
I am 3 months into fina abstinence and seriously considering getting on propecia this time (sparing the generic stuff) after getting my blood checked or so. Hair is a big f*****g deal for me and I can't help it, I really love having hair and even if I was suffering from PFS, I'd probably not regret my choice. At least I could enjoy my youth.

The question is, did anybody in a similiar situation ever succesfully pull off hopping on finasteride again or at least want to share his experience?

Also how fucked is my hair gonna be after that 3 months absence, is it even worth it? Is there a chance that I go back to where I was before?

I know el dutasterido fucked arround with estrogen inhibitors, but that is just a bit too hot for me at the moment.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start eating healthy + exercise, throw in a couple of supplements like zinc and DIM
Since you’ve been doing fine for 4 years, I think you’ll have success starting over.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already take zinc and macha, but my libido is still lower than it used to be even though erections are not a problem anymore. Trying to pull through sides was not a good idea, I think.

Is there any supplement or drug I could take to nullify the chance of sexual side effects?
They are my biggest fear to be honest.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already take zinc and macha, but my libido is still lower than it used to be even though erections are not a problem anymore. Trying to pull through sides was not a good idea, I think.

Is there any supplement or drug I could take to nullify the chance of sexual side effects?
They are my biggest fear to be honest.
Well you could try DIM which will help metabolize estrogen and maybe try Vitamin D and omega 3 these supplement may help reduce estrogen.
Also exercise will greatly boost your libido.
Also you should note that you’re 28, I think it’s notmal not to have the same libido when you were in your early twenties.
If I were you, I’d give it one last chance with exercise and supplements.
If sides persists, you can stop and have some comfort knowing you did all you could.
Good luck!

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried finasteride again after quitting because of side effects. I got side effects again and had to stop.