Anybody afraid of the sun?

Krooksbane

Reaction score
I have very mild thinning in my front hairline. If most of you guys saw me, you may want to slap me for being parinoid about my obvious mildly thinning. I am currently taking propecia and monixidil. My hair is quite thick and nice, and I shouln't be bitching about my thinning I guess, cus it could be much worse, but I still find myself dodging sunlight. Because I see that you can see right through my front hairs, to my scalp. But in regular light, you couln't tell the difference. Its kind of weird because even if you have NO thinning at all, sunlight will always shine through to your scalp anyway. But since I know that my hair is thinning, I guess I get shitty about too much sunlight. Anybody relate?

VWdude

Reaction score
I hear ya! not only that, different mirrors, different lighting (bathroom lighting).... its funny, some you don't look bad... some you look like your half bald.

Krooksbane

Reaction score
oh yeah! Big time. Lighting becomes your enemy when your not quite balding, but just thinning. I hope that the peak of my results is being able to go in any light and look pretty much the same. If I can have that back one more time, I'll be happy. I could have it that way since I started dealing with thinning hair RIGHT from the get go. The day i noticed it, was the day I decided to do something about it.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
its funny, my mirror in my apartment makes me cringe, but when i go back to my parents house, it doesnt look half as bad. you can never win with this male pattern baldness can ya?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh how i love those cloudy days. the mirrors no doubt have a huge factor on how my hair looks. i have three different mirrors in my house, one makes me look like david schwimmer, the others make me look more like a balding 24 year old, god only knows how the harsh sunlight makes me look, agassi maybe???

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
lighting is a problem indeed but my real fear is WIND

a gust of wind can totally destroy my carefully crafted hair style and make me look like a total baldie

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
summer comming

I am aware of the summer sun also, but the worst is the sea. Imafine you go with your girlfriend and friends for swimming with your perfectly stylished hair, and when you put your head in the sea to come out with the hair style completely destroyed ( + the sun to make the situation even more worse!).... We have come to the point to hate summer!

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
I avoid the sun so my shaved head does not get a nasty burn. :oops:

kris50

Reaction score
yeah I hate the wind as well!! Especially if your going for the Caesar look, a big gust of wind and the games up :oops: