Any thoughts on Pura d'or Shampoo?

Jyn

Reaction score
It's official name is Pura d'or Hair Loss Prevention: Premium Organic Shampoo. It claims to block DHT. It sounded like snake oil to me but there's some good reviews on Amazon, then again you can't trust all of them as they could be just shills for the company which some appear to be (no other reviews written by that user). It's pretty expensive, $28 for 16 fl oz on Amazon, it's also on Groupon for $19 right now.

I was surprised "pura" didn't pull up any hits from this site as I thought others here would have reviewed it already. Does anyone have any experience with this shampoo?

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm thinking I like it. Posted in another forum how it's thickening up the (current) hair..for me. A little goes a long way. Smells good. Only been using it about a week though.

Jacob

Reaction score
Here's another I'll be trying. Has a few :wow: more goodies in it than Pura d'or but also more expensive: http://theskinrevolution.com/_restore.html

Ingredients: Organic Aloe, Decyl Glucoside (Corn)*, Coco Glucoside (Coconut)*, Rosemary Floral Water, Ylang Ylang Floral Water, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (Preservative)*, Organic Strawberry, Xanthan Gum, Organic Black Cumin Seed (Nigella Sativa), Organic Argan Oil, Ho Shou Wu (Polygoni Multiflori) Extract, Bhringraj Extract (Eclipta Alba), Dong Quai, Saw Palmetto, Horse Tail Herb Extract, Organic Fenugreek Seed Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Organic Usnea Lichen Extract, Hops Extract, Gotu Kola Extract, Oregon Grape Extract, Organic Neem Extract, Nettle Extract, Organic Irish Moss Extract, Kelp Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Reishi Gano Mushroom Tincture, Honeysuckle Tincture, Olive Leaf Tincture, Benzoin Tincture, Organic Wild Raw Chaga Mushroom, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Wild Organic Oregano, Organic Spice Emulsion, Geranium Essential Oil, Organic Clove Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, Carrot Seed Essential Oil, Croatian Lavender Essential Oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Himalayan Cedar Wood Essential Oil, Jasmine Sambac Absolute, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Capsicum (Pepper Heat) Oil, Brazilian Acai Berry, Brazilian Acerola Cherry, Hawaiian Noni, Brazilian Cupacu, Chilean Maqui Berry, Peruvian Maca Root, Shelled Canadian Hemp Seed, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Sodium Starch Octenyl Succinate(Vegetable Starch), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Maltodextrin (Vegetable Starch), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate(Vitamin E), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6), Silica (Mineral), Organic Carica papaya (Green Papaya) Extract, Organic Ananas comosus (Pineapple) Extract, Organic Carica papaya (Papaya) Extract, Spinacia oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Beta vulgaris maritima (Chard) Extract, Brassica oleracea (Collard Greens) Extract, Petroseliumum crispum (Parsley) Extract, Apium graveolens (Celery) Extract, Brassica juncea.(Mustard Greens) Extract, Coriandrum sativum (Cilantro) Extract, Brassica oleracea (Broccoli) Extract, Glycine max (Bean Sprouts) Extract, Sabal palmetto (Green Cabbage) Extract, Fabaceae (Pea) Extract, Choeanephora cucurbitarum (Squash) Extract, Solanum melongena (Eggplant) Extract, Brassica oleraceabotrytis (Cauliflower) Extract, Zea mays (Corn) Extract, Brassica oleracea (Red Cabbage) Extract, Capsicum annum (Pepper, Green) Extract, Capsicum annum (Pepper, Red) Extract, Lycopersicon esulentum (Tomatos, Sundried) Extract, Citric Acid, Organic Alcohol, Glycerin.
[h=2][/h]

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
jesus and I though Revita had a lot of ingredients!

these types of shampoos may well help to make your hair healthier, but I doubt they can stop male pattern baldness or regrow hair.

Jacob

Reaction score
Not by themselves at least. Well maybe for some..if sticking with 'em. I just like using 'em..trying new things. But it doesn't make much sense to spend money on these if you're not going to leave 'em on your head a good 5+ minutes.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
oh yeah I'd definitely recommend these shampoos over the cheap ones you get on the high street, just that I don't think any topicals other than minoxidil will actually regrow hair. I've tried several in the past and pretty much wasted my money - Tricomin, Prox-N

I still use Revita - I think it makes my hair grow faster but unfortunately not more of it

abcdefg

Reaction score
The shampoo cleans your hair and nothing more. If hair was being regrown we would have legit products formulated as shampoos so clearly its just another cosmetic thing with no real proof it does anything. Any shampoo can stick some keto in it or saw palmetto and then claim it stops or grows hair. No way.

Jacob

Reaction score
So keto shampoo just cleans your hair and nothing more as well? :turned: Or take your pick of dandruff shampoo or any other medicated or non-medicated shampoo that actually can help ppl with their hair/scalp problems.

Anybody would be crazy to just rely on a shampoo or even a # of them. But many do contain ingredients that are beneficial for hair loss and scalp health- every little bit helps. And keep in mind you're putting the stuff on a very hydrated scalp...massaging it around good(you should anyway..I even use that Hair Sonic most of the time)...and letting it sit for 5+ minutes. Things are getting absorbed.

Reaction score
Satisfied would be an Overstatement.

Hello there, a real review here.

Im early 20's, already getting the cul-de-sacs or "M" pattern above my forehead.

To keep things accurate I will look at the truth from all angles.

I started using this product Pura d'or, with a newer treatment pill that prevented hair loss, and used them together at first.
Over a week or so, I noticed when using the shampoo my hair shedded more, as soon as I applied it. Though, weeks after that,
I noticed the actual hair follicles of mine seemed thicker. I wasn't sure which one was the better option, but the shampoo seemed genuine where as I felt
the pills I were taking were not. I realized after dropping the supplements and just using this shampoo, my hair follicles were still falling out more, and hadn't
really thickened any. Now if anything, they seem thinner and brighter in color.

This may not happen for you, but it does for me.

When using Pura d'or shampoo, my hair follicles can be seen in higher numbers on my hands, compared to using the grocery store brands.
I have used this product for at least 3-4 months now-
(I have short hair, so I'm still on the first bottle, but I did buy the value pack, which is why I haven't given up on it entirely.)
- and I switched early on, to using it every other day.

As of this moment, my hair follicles seem to shed more often and still come out in larger amounts when using the product.
I work construction, I am constantly in the sun, my hair gets dry easily because of dirt, and I do smoke cigarettes moderately.
^These are some factors that might have to do with my hair loss, but what I AM saying, is that the product has not yet shown me that is doing what
I want it to do.

P.S. I have two little moles right at the receding hairline on my forehead, and Ive noticed that my hairline has since receded past the moles now.

Again, been using the product for I'd say about 4 months. I have heard a lot of people saying it seems to work for them, and I'm sure it does.
I'm just letting it be known, it might work for you the same way it does me.
Whether I'm using it wrong, or it can't fix my particular head of hair, It Does Not seem to work for me.

badluckdude

Reaction score
Has anyone else ever tried this shampoo??? Ive tried nizoral, and regenepure but both of those are apparently to harsh for me so....

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I love Pura D'or. As others have said I'm sure it won't stop hair loss or regrow hair, but I like the way it makes my hair look and feel. It seems to thicken it (cosmetically.) I also love the way it smells.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’ve bought a bottle in the past that claimed it had keto in it when I bought in amazon but didn’t see it on the hard to read label. I just got a bottle this week that does list it. It smells bad bc also has coal tar in it but I think my minoxidil foam causes dandruff so maybe this will at least help with that.