Any proven ways to avoid minoxidil face?

Sleepy138

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it wasn't until my last consecutive stretch with minoxidil did I realize the subtle effects it was having on my face. I was getting really bad eye bags and bloat. Though on an up-note these negative effects went away only a few weeks after dropping minoxidil from my hair care stack.

I wanted to try a minoxidil alternative that would have a shot at kickstarting regrowth when stacked with finasteride. But I haven't been able to find anything that doesn't just seem like marked up snakeoil preying on desperation. The closest thing I found was some MinoxidilMax products with Azelaic Acid 1.5%, Retinoic Acid (aka, Tretinoin) 0.025%, Fluocinolone 0.01% , Caffeine 0.001% but they don't make them without an option to minus the minoxidil. Other websites and products with maybe 2 of those ingredients but nothing really that seemed like a better lineup. I mentioned in a prior post I'm using finasteride+stemoxydine but it's not really making any progress.

So far all I've been able to find to MAYBE help with minoxidil side effects is to wash it out after 4 hours, don't let it get on your pillow case/ change pillow case to avoid buildup, maybe use once a day instead of twice, don't use within 24 hours of micro needling, take collagen supplements. But there's really nothing concrete that I've been able to find. Though if my face went back to normal before, then there's low risk of just trying out the minoxidilmax product I'm looking at.

Besides Nizoral every 3 days, is there any other shampoo that might help regrowth? I think the biotin shampoos are just glorified condtioners that just make your hair feel thicker but don't really do sh*t.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I (and others) take the minoxidil sublingual (under the tongue) and it doesn't cause bloating and eye bags for me. While oral did it in one week super bad. If it's effective, i can not say (yet). It doesn't seem to increase my heart rate at all. So i'm sceptic. Oral minoxidil gave me a crazy rapid heartbeat.

Some people have good results with it