Any news on this?

Letac

Reaction score
I`m not sure if this is really old news, but I was just wondering if there`s anyone who is researching this technique these days, or did it vansih with Intercytex?

I read about it on Bernsteinmedical.com. I think he called it "Colin/Jahoda experiment".

In their paper Trans-Gender Induction of Hair Follicles, the researchers have shown that dermal sheath cells, found in the lower part of the human follicle, can be isolated from one person and then injected into the skin of another to promote the formation of new intact hair. The implanted cells interacted locally to stimulate the creation of full terminal (i.e. normal) hair follicles. Although this is not actually cloning (see the definition above), the dermal sheath cells can potentially be multiplied in a Petri dish and then injected in great numbers to produce a full head of hair. The word potentially is highlighted, as this multiplication has not yet been accomplished. It seems, however, that this hair “inductionâ€￾ processes is the model most likely to work.

Does any one know anything about the future of this?

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
The derman sheath cell thing you wrote about is what Trichoscience is working on, google it and check out their website. Honestly in my opinion Trichoscience seems to have the most powerful science behind what they're working on and will most likely come out with a real cure. Sadly they do not give out regular or for that matter any news updates, but with as big as a thing as their doing I don't think they would need to, even for years, if they want to.

ARI is still testing.

Histogen is still testing with some shoddy pictures here and there.

Acell, it seems, is already available if you have a truckload of money to pay 10$ per follicle of which maybe 40% will hold to grow new hairs, it is also still not known if the implanted hairs cycle regularly.

Letac

Reaction score
Cool! I`ve just read about it on theire homepage, and it seems like they are working on the same technology as ARI (or am I mistaken?) After reading about it this seems to be the real "cure", but the big question is when this will happen. That it will happen are for sure, but when... Have they said anything about when they expect to have som results from the tests, and what kinda tests they are performing?

Yeah, Acell seems a bit to expensive and uncertain, but if this technique will be "edged" and put into some of the other sciences that are undergoing study, the combination might be the answer to get a real good result.