Any New Studies On Nicotine & Hairless?

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been one of the topics we can't seem to agree on here for years- the impact of nicotine use on hairloss. Note for those with poor reading comprehension: I am NOT talking about tobacco use, I am talking about pure nicotine in the form of; Gums, patches, lozenges, inhalers, sprays, vaping, etc.

I can't seem to find studies showing evidence of nicotine by itself in drug form having any impact on hairloss. Tobacco products? -Yes, obviously smoking/chewing causes pretty much everything to stop working right, but nicotine, from what I can tell, is not turning out to be the demon we made it out to be. It actually has many health benifits and is quite benign, perhaps as benign as caffeine in it's side effect profile, as long as you are healthy.

Does anyone know of any anectodal or reliable scientific trials to show noctine by itself can cause in increase in hairloss or male pattern baldness?

hgk23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not know about any specific studies, but smoking is very harmful to our bodies, and I am sure that it also can affect hair loss. But it's interesting if vaping can also affect your hair loss in the same matter as smoking does. I've been addicted to disposable vaping devices recently. I started buying them when I discovered the https://nexussmoke.com/products/space-max-bx8000-disposable-vape-8000-puffs website. They looked interesting to me, so I decided to try them. And now it's been a year since I started vaping. Honestly, your question got me thinking about my hair loss. I will start digging for some more specific information about this. I will let you guys know if I will find anything worthy.

Last edited: