Anti-aging info so you can live till HM:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ouroboros said:
I think humanity has a knack for adapting when it needs; I'm sure many couples would choose to have one or two children and live youthfully forever rather than three or four children and have their quality of life continue to decline until Alzheimer's claims their identities completely.

???
But that does'nt solve the problem at all when their children also have children and so on ...
The human race needs to start reducing its population.

Not that it'll ever happen.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ouroboros said:
I think humanity has a knack for adapting when it needs; I'm sure many couples would choose to have one or two children and live youthfully forever rather than three or four children and have their quality of life continue to decline until Alzheimer's claims their identities completely.

???
But that does'nt solve the problem at all when their children also have children and so on ...
The human race needs to start reducing its population.

Not that it'll ever happen.

Yep. Everyone wants everyone else to not spread their genes, but they still want to spread their own. So unless we have laws on how many kids you can have or something, we will continue to over populate.

The real issue is not a need a for laws, but instead we should just stop substidizing parents with tax breaks. The more we substidize parents, the more they will reproduce at the expense of single guys. I'm single and I owe taxes each year, and make minimum wage. I know couples who make well over minimum wage, but get money back because they have kids. How am I supposed to save up enough to have my own if I have to keep paying for other people's kids? Our system favors irresponsible people who have kids before they are ready, and punishes people who try to save up first.

The problem is irresponsible parents hold their kids hostage, and many voters would rather give in to their demands than risk any kid not get the money they need. But then the parents take that money and buy cigarettes and alcohol.

CCS

Reaction score
As for anti-oxidants, you do need lots of vitamin E and ascorbyl palmitate. You need them to keep your fat from going rancid inside your body. Polyunsatured fats are more fluid and help you fight heart disease for that reason. But they are easily oxidized and lead to cancer if you don't have enough vitamin E. Some nutritionists opt for mono-unsaturated fats for this reason.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, incentive programs could make a difference. Above and beyond this though, I think we shouldn't be putting the cart before the horse. Curing disease and allowing people to live their life how, and how long, they choose to is a noble aspiration in my book. Furthermore I think regenerative research is going tobecome a reality because it is fast becoming an economic necessity. For the first time in history the amount of elderly (in america at least) is going to surpass the number of youthful; the economic implosion this will cause is obvious for many reasons. Due to this, serious attention is finally being drawn to the war on aging, as evinced by the cover story on this months Scientific American ("the end of aging"), which talks about this kind of research.