Another minoxidil question

Mfex

Reaction score
Hi every 1, this is my 1st post, but I do browse thru the threads to get info from time to time. Here's a bit about myself, I'm 29, always had a full and thick head of hair, but starting in December this year, i've been sheeding like a cat in the spring! It subsided a bit, but for a-2 months I was losing more than 300 hairs/day. It was driving me nuts. I blamed it on stress, working 45hrs a week plus school at night and that was right around the time fo my finals. So I started taking all kinds of vitamins and supplements. I also tought it could have been Alpha lipoic acid I was taking daily (300mg), because it keeps your body from absorbing Biotin or something like that. Stopped taking it and loaded up on Biotin. As of now I believe I still shed over than 100 hairs a day, always at least 5-10 in my hand after I pass it in my hair. Its not as bad as it was in november, but my hairline has receeded about a good cm and I can see the scalp when I do put in gel, I usually wear a cap now...
I got some Kirkland minoxidil 5% and am about to start, but I have a few questions I need answered before I do.
1. I plan on only putting it on at night, I've read on the forum here that 1nce a day works just fine...is this accurate?
2. If I stop taking it, will the shed comeback with a vengeance? Worst than before?
3. I really wanted to get on Fina, as it treats the root of the problem which is dht but all the horror stories I read about the sides (gyno, ED...), I dont really want to trade a problem for another 1. As anyone on here ever get sides from Fina? if so, did they go away upon stopping it?

To tell you the truth, this really pisses me off, I've lost about 40% of the hair on top of my head I'd say, but the thing is, my dad still has alot of hair at 57 and no one in my family is balding! Growing up, I never tought for a second I would lose my hair. It's like tha saying goes: You dont know what you lost till its gone! I'll make a new thread and take some pics of my hairline before I start and 1 more every week to asses the progress if any.

Thanks!

Mat

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1. If you want results with minoxidil i've found more is better to a point. i would
not expect full results using it once a day.

2. yes, when you stop minoxidil you will lose any gains.

3. finasteride does cause severe sides for a small percentage of users, about 2%.

Go big three, you won't regret it and you can always stop if your
one of the people that get side effects.

Mfex

Reaction score
casperz said:
1. If you want results with minoxidil i've found more is better to a point. i would
not expect full results using it once a day.

2. yes, when you stop minoxidil you will lose any gains.

3. finasteride does cause severe sides for a small percentage of users, about 2%.

Go big three, you won't regret it and you can always stop if your
one of the people that get side effects.

I'll look into the big 3, I have too see my dr to get a prescription for finasteride and maybe get some blood work before starting it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Mat