Another Minoxidil Question From Pavi; I Really Need Input Fellas

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
As some know I have now had some bad side effects from rogaine (swelling in legs, abnormal ECG). I always applied way too much and I knew this. But over 2 years I'm just now seeing these side effects.

I recognize the absolute need to cut back.

My question: how much rogaine foam actually has to touch the scalp in a particular area to be effective? I think my problem was I would apply a lot of rogaine in each spot. Need some help fellas. Please don't tell me "I told you so" about my previous dose. I know it was dumb of me and I'm now trying to remedy the situation where i can erase sides and keep my hair

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As some know I have now had some bad side effects from rogaine (swelling in legs, abnormal ECG). I always applied way too much and I knew this. But over 2 years I'm just now seeing these side effects.

I recognize the absolute need to cut back.

My question: how much rogaine foam actually has to touch the scalp in a particular area to be effective? I think my problem was I would apply a lot of rogaine in each spot. Need some help fellas. Please don't tell me "I told you so" about my previous dose. I know it was dumb of me and I'm now trying to remedy the situation where i can erase sides and keep my hair

Nobody can really answer this... but you know what? It just doesnt matter. You have to ask a different question, which is, how much foam can you safely apply? And the answer is not 4x the recommended amount. Your health is much much much more important than your hair. You should use like 1/3 of the amount you're planning to use... or less...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Dude just use how much the instructions say on the box/can. You may lose some ground but your overall health is more important.

Also, if you buzz your head, it will be easier to apply it, and you'll likely need less of it to access your skin and not get stuck in your hair.

So I'm not sure how open you are to buzzing your head, but I think it would be useful at the moment until you get more used to the regular, recommended dosage.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude just use how much the instructions say on the box/can. You may lose some ground but your overall health is more important.

Also, if you buzz your head, it will be easier to apply it, and you'll likely need less of it to access your skin and not get stuck in your hair.

So I'm not sure how open you are to buzzing your head, but I think it would be useful at the moment until you get more used to the regular, recommended dosage.

I will still cover my whole head. I'll just use less to cover it all.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just taper down, and get back to a normal dosage that doesn't create health problems.