Another Mens Journal article on finasteride

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Men's Journal publishes special report on post-finasteride syndrome.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Recommended Reading:
Men's Journal Special Report on PFS
[/FONT]​

Sept. 14, 2015

Dear Friends:

As we noted in our 2015 Annual Address, one of the most common frustrations among PFS patients is that their doctors have never heard of the condition, let alone lend a sympathetic ear. And if pressed, many dismiss it as psychosomatic.

So it's comforting to see the national media covering PFS more closely these days—citing new medical and statistical research, quoting doctors from leading medical institutions who warn against finasteride's potential dangers, including the often-ignored issues of mental side effects and suicidal ideation, and of course giving credence to the condition by using the term "post-finasteride syndrome."

Case in point, a special report in the October issue of Men's Journal: "New Risks in Hair-Loss Drugs. The side effects of the most common male-pattern baldness pill—depression, insomnia, erectile dysfunction—may be worse than we thought. And potentially permanent."

Please take a moment to read this story by Lisa Marshall, which is now available online.

Feel free to share the link with your health-care professionals—particularly those who may have doubted your persistent side effects in the past—as well as with friends and family.

And if you're able, buy a copy at the newsstand this month to show your support for Men's Journal, so that the magazine will continue bringing attention to PFS in the future.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Sincerely,
John_Santmann_signature_psd_4.png
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]John Santmann, MD
CEO

[/FONT]
PFSF_address2.png
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Copyright © 2015 Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have corresponded with the Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation, seeking assistance and/or offering assistance.
Our mailing address is:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]27 World’s Fair Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Somerset, NJ 08873[/FONT]
Add us to your address book[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences [/FONT]​
[/FONT]
open.php
[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

Every couple years or so they release a new article with the same crap. Nothing new is said in it and we already know all of this information that's out there. The reason these articles are made is because it relates to sex.

The author of this article is actually legitimate and specializes within the topic of medicine and sports. So I will read it once it comes out.

I would just take it with a grain of salt. Nothing to worry about here. This is nothing new. And who knows there may be some underlying product be sold here. Flip through this mag and you might see a rogaine ad, procerin vitamin ad Etc.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine if the anti finasteride lobby succeeded! We'd all be screwed! Finasteride 4 life!

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Imagine if the anti finasteride lobby succeeded! We'd all be screwed! Finasteride 4 life!

Exactly why I sold all my guns and gold and stocked up on finasteride! Just have to worry about a bunch of bald men breaking into my home, killing my dog, tying up my family and taking my finasteride.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/are-hair-loss-drugs-safe-20150914

heres the full article.

It's purpose is legitimate but I will say the dropped the infamous Irwig name in it. Any time Irwig is mentioned in a propecia related article you have to ignore it immediately. He's the guy that did a "study" only using those propecia help people.

Here are my thoughts: going bald causes depression and can cause many if not all of the above symptoms. If you quit the drug you will become depressed because you will lose hair and there is no more hope. Plus it's frustrating that other people are taking control over the same problem you have.

The people that report these side effects read lots of propecia help and PFS stuff online. Which is completely broscience, trolls, and not scientific whatsoever. You must take it all with a grain of salt.

That being said, I'm continuing to go the route of hunter s Thompson and be bald.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts: going bald causes depression and can cause many if not all of the above symptoms. If you quit the drug you will become depressed because you will lose hair and there is no more hope. Plus it's frustrating that other people are taking control over the same problem you have.

Are you seriously suggesting that Finasteride does not cause these long term side effects and everyone who is suffering from them is simply depressed about hairloss?

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
For many of them yes. I can say I experienced this first hand before I wised up on the matter. Propecia help and the media convinced me to quit. I was depressed from
the info I read and because of hair loss. I'm confident that many of the people that report the above post finasteride syndrome symptoms have been conditioned to do so from obsessing over the online hysteria over it.

That being said there are in very rare occurrences: less than 1 in 10,000 I estimate that have true irreversible symptoms due to finasteride.