[Announcement] Introducing Professor Rodney Sinclair, Expert Hair Loss Researcher

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to introduce all of our our subscribers to Professor Rodney Sinclair, who has kindly agreed to a tenure on our Reddit Sub at r/HairlossResearch as our Resident Expert in the field of Androgenetic Alopecia (Male & Female), its current and potential therapies and related medical/treatment issues.

Importantly, when you review Professor Sinclair's experience and accomplishments in the fields of Androgenetic Alopecia, and on a broader scale that of Dermatology (see below), you will realise just how intimately involved this medical professional is in multiple endeavors and initiatives in the field of skin and hair diseases.

On this point, I would like to stress that we have realistic expectations as to how often Professor Sinclair can actively participate in our sub, and at best we can only expect participation when time permits, and this can only be determined by Prof Sinclair himself. This may understandably mean periods of inactivity, or various questions and posts that cannot be addressed or responded to by Prof Sinclair because of the high volume nature of Reddit.

However, given the enormous amount of confusion, psychological distress and online dis-information that so many male and female sufferers of Androgenetic Alopecia are exposed to, I hope we can all appreciate the enormous opportunity this gives us all to get the most genuinely reliable, evidence-based and in some cases cutting edge insights into the current and developing treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia.

As such, when Professor Sinclair actively begins his tenure on r/HairlossResearch, I would respectfully ask all subscribers to only post well-considered questions that have not been addressed in the sub before, and that address the medical and therapeutic nature of Professor Sinclair's experience.

To assist in this manner, we at r/HairlossResearch would like to contain all Prof Sinclair related posts to one Mega-Thread per month, to be entitled "Professor Sinclair Megathread - May 2024", for instance, in order to ensure that both Professor Sinclair and our subscribers can easily manage and keep track with all Prof Sinclair related inquiries and answers, without having to navigate the voluminous nature of Reddit subs.

To further enhance such content-findability, we will be creating a new flair "reddit sub category" called "Professor Sinclair - Resident expert", so that future subscribers can easily find all previous monthly Mega-threads through Reddit's flair search facility.

Please join us in welcoming and thanking Professor Rodney Sinclair as our newest member r/HairlossResearch, and hopefully the mutual exchange of information would provide benefits to us all as individuals, and in the greater scheme of things.

================

Brief Biography of Professor Rodney Sinclair

Prof Sinclair is Professor of Dermatology at the University of Melbourne and Director of Epworth Dermatology.

He is past-president of the Australasian Society for Dermatology Research, the Australasian Hair and Wool Research Society and the Skin and Cancer Foundation of Victoria.

Prof Sinclair is the co-author of the section on dermatology in the Oxford Textbook of Medicine and lead author of Therapeutic Guidelines – Dermatology.

He has written 13 textbooks on dermatology, and has over 400 research publications to his name.

Prof Sinclair convened the World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology in Melbourne in 2006 and the World Congress of Hair Research in Cairns in 2010.

Prof Sinclair conducts clinical research in psoriasis, hair loss and skin cancer prevention and treatment and laboratory research into stem cell biology, regenerative medicine and gene discovery.

He is considered a world leader in hair disease, nail disease, psoriasis and skin cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Professor Sinclair has also pioneered the use of oral minoxidil to treat hair loss and holds worldwide patents on the use of oral minoxidil for the treatment of hair loss.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about:
  1. Can rectifying serum micro-nutrient deficiencies help regrow hair?