An open invitation to Mr. Kobren and all hair loss advocates alike.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
After some careful deliberation that was precipitated in great part by the imminent culmination of a remarkable and quite likely unprecedented group effort spear headed by a small team of respected individuals we, the hair loss community affectionately identify by the names of Arashi, Desmond, and Hellouser (my apologies to the other key players I've accidently left out), I have decided, for the benefit of the entire hair loss community to exercise my privileges as an active and member of Hair Loss Talk and utilize this platform in an attempt to compose a proposition letter in the form of an open invitation to Mr. Spencer Kobren of TBTT and ALL other self titled "hair loss advocate/advocate sites alike. I welcome any constructive criticism as well as helpful suggestions to improve this draft. Here it reads so far.
Dear Mr. Kobren, I am known at HairLossTalk.com only as I.D. Walker. We have never met. Forgive me for my forwardness and please note of the special consideration to your busy schedule I have taken into account. The purpose of this letter is to invite you to generously contribute your valued influence toward a momentous event and objective that's rapidly developing while I'm typing this to you.
Generally speaking this event is designed to help fulfill at least three fundamental objectives, however a more specific agenda will be simultaneously performed by a personality we know as Desmond. He has generously volunteered his services. Inarguably Desmond is one of our teams most proficient and esteemed representatives. This multitalented individual will serve our mission most proficiently and most honorably He will carry with him to the Congress abroad a confirmed background in biology and chemistry. He is also an accomplished communicator. I am referring to a scheduled trip you may or may not yet be familiar with, that has been specially founded, organized and financed to take place at the upcoming Hair loss World Congress event in Seoul Korea. This trip directly/indirectly was made possible by several invested and exemplary members of the community, some as a matter of fact have membership ties to your very own internationally recognized and popular hair loss forum/program The*********Talk.
Also our team coalition is comprised of an impressive and diverse subsidiary branch regularly growing in membership, and who come from other respected forums world wide. They too are working long and steadfast to promote hair loss education and awareness. I am liberally soliciting myself before you and all other leading figures of the hair loss world for that matter, whom both privately and publicly dedicate their time and energies toward facilitating more hair loss education, awareness, finding better treatment(s),etc., and those who share and are wholeheartedly committed to ultimately realizing a cure, but not necessarily in that order.
Today I present to you a unique opportunity to demonstrate your genuine support by any charitable means that you feel could better serve the benefit of this enterprise. In the past and in the present it is my understanding that you have inspired and motivated fellow sufferers to grow into stronger and more creative individual and for these many individuals whom you continued and continue to empower, I don't believe it is unreasonable for them to honor you with the deserved crown of a hero. Involving yourself from local grassroots to a global scale, and/or reaching out bi-laterally once again to our more and more interconnected industry/ community of hair loss as you have successfully accomplished in the past, will only further perpetuate the legacy that recognizes you are indeed a man of clear resolve and genuine character. Again I can not underscore enough to you and your fellow associates from all levels of the hair loss community, the immediate necessity and obvious sensibility it is to speak up and get behind this extraordinary effort.
Mr. Kobren, I am currently aware how your present business situation does not allow you the ability to physically participate in this massively anticipated event (Hair Loss World Congress).Therefore our most capable and compliant campaign engineers, as well as many heroic community supporters, too numerous to name right now, have graciously taken this action upon themselves to move forward in the best interest of our hair loss community, but moreover for the sake of the infinite number of grief stricken, scarred and and subdued sufferers of hair loss. As a responsible member myself to hair loss advocacy awareness I would be remiss of my duties were I not not to invite you Mr. Spencer Kobren and all other high spirited hair loss leaders across the board, whom like yourself are fortunate enough to share a privileged set of circumstances (through meritorious work ethics of their own) and a common interest in hair loss advocacy to enthusiastically raise your influential voices and reach out to us in a much needed display of unity. Your voice(s) will naturally bring more attention and momentum to this single, albeit very purposeful voyage that is scheduled to the much anticipated Hair Loss World Congress event.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald Truth radio show airs tomorrow at 8pm. You should call in and talk to spencer directly. I might call in myself and ask what he thinks about the initiative with Desmond being sent off to South Korea.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a little reluctant to talk to him directly due to the fact that I feel somewhat unprepared and a little apprehensive I might run the risk of convoluting the trip's details. I hope you call him. I think most ,if not all of us would agree that you have a better sense of our "inside agenda ,and your membership over at TBBT may be an added advantage. Plus I trust your keen ability to communicate with him both professionally and articulately. '
Bald Truth radio show airs tomorrow at 8pm. You should call in and talk to spencer directly. I might call in myself and ask what he thinks about the initiative with Desmond being sent off to South Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too Justeone.
Good read, thanks for your efforts idwalker! Hope to hear some good news someday soon.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
If your intention was for Kobren to read this, then this is the wrong forum.

Just call in, don't make it a big deal, this is not some company calling another. I don't know why you guys a so sh!t scared, are you afraid about being recognized, about your voice or not sounding smart enough? Get over it, grow some balls and do what you have to do because at the end of the day, no one will even remember you.

mikey mike

Reaction score
I'm a little confused... What exactly do you want him to do on the show? Ask for people to donate more money? We hit the mark didn't we?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I.D. Walker:

You must have kicked serious *** on essays and term papers in university. However, your message to Spencer is way too long. He's not going to read it, that I can guarantee. More over, there is no need to throw in extra words. Have you ever heard of the expression 'kiss' ? Basically, it means 'keep it simple, stupid'. Or in other words, less is more. Spencer is probably busy diddling himself and can't be bothered with reading long proposals like yours. And yeah, I know what youre thinking 'well, how can he be a professional if he doesnt take the time to read it?!' Well... work in PR or with clients of any kind that requires correspondence and you'll quickly find out that nobody can be bothered with this kind of 'drivel' except for university professors and english teachers.

In a nutshell:

Shorten your entire agenda to a single paragraph and leave something for Spencer to desire... that way you'll guarantee a follow up.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hellouser, your helpful suggestions are the desired feed back I am looking for. Thanx for taking the time to read it. Like I expressed in my admittedly verbose first draft, I am open to constructive criticism, so again I appreciate your help. The whole point of my agenda is to capitalize on the fact to outside alleged hair loss advocacy leaders such as Kobren, that a small group of organized hair loss sufferers, including their supporters, are completely dissatisfied with the same outdated and nonchalant habits and attitudes toward future hair loss prevention/cure these guys are spoon feeding fellow sufferers on a regular basis. It is through our pro actions ie; Seoul, Korea( Desmond acting as front man) and future charity drives etc., that we transmit a small, but vital message that the times are changing and we no longer have a taste for their "generic standard and/or business as usual." This trip to Korea should act as a clarion call to the upper crust of the hair loss community, the "movers and shakers' as it would seem, that we are finally sick of waiting and literally starving for something fresh. Yesterday's menu has expired. The "junk food" we've been consuming for decades no longer provides us with the necessary sustenance and nourishment we now require. I believe that if we deliberately exploit this event with the kind of careful jurisprudence that it duly deserves and sophisticatedly solicit it ie; various forms of public media, on a wider scale, we will by hook or by crook demonstrate in and outwardly that a new and aggressive breed of herbivores are on the make. Is this an overly ambitious hope or merely episodic delusions grandiose?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it! Sorry in advance for forgetting to paragraph

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Your prognostication is probably right about Mr. Kobren's disinterest, on the other hand crazy voices inside my head tell me that he has little ninja spies, "off the books" who irregularly, keep him abreast of the village rabble and gossip. :whistle::ninja:

- - - Updated - - -

No. I'm not at all proposing we solicit him for money, on the other hand if he expresses an interest to contribute toward future group fund projects I certainly would be for that. My objective is to promote across the board awareness about this future trip and it's prerogative. If Mr. Kobren and other supposed advocate leaders "get on board" so to speak, then I think it's to the advantage of this project and advance future related projects alike. If he displays disinterest then we know where he is in his evolution and commitment to the betterment of hair loss suffering. I hope I've been somewhat helpful. Thanx for sharing.
I'm a little confused... What exactly do you want him to do on the show? Ask for people to donate more money? We hit the mark didn't we?

mikey mike

Reaction score
No. I'm not at all proposing we solicit him for money, on the other hand if he expresses an interest to contribute toward future group fund projects I certainly would be for that. My objective is to promote across the board awareness about this future trip and it's prerogative. If Mr. Kobren and other supposed advocate leaders "get on board" so to speak, then I think it's to the advantage of this project and advance future related projects alike. If he displays disinterest then we know where he is in his evolution and commitment to the betterment of hair loss suffering. I hope I've been somewhat helpful. Thanx for sharing.

So you basically just want him to acknowledge that we sent Desmond to the congress and have him talk about it and state his opinion about it?