an article summary of facial hair

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A question that comes in my head is: What are the effects of propecia in facial hair? Has this subject been investigated at all?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
the year ive been on it ive seen no difference, i just started dutasteride and gona see if it affects facial hair in anyway, some report body hair changes.

abcdefg

Reaction score
They say that finasteride in general doesnt seem to decrease the amount of body hair or facial hair but in few cases that could happen. I think there would in theory be a better chance of decreasing the amount of body or facial hair a person ever gets if they started finasteride BEFORE they actually got body or facial hair. The timing issue of when dht is lowered matters a lot I guess according to what some believe having to do with why hair becomes sensitive to androgens only after puberty timing has something to do with this.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
I have found that beard hair maybe grows a tad faster when not on finasteride. Its not a great deal though and I may be atypical as my facial hair is fairly sparse.
I dont think hair is only sensitive to androgens after puberty - its just that before puberty there are bugger all androgens being produced in the body to speak of.
hh