An article claims that blocking pgd2 is dangearous

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess it's not that simple to decide in one article if it's dangerous or not
scientists don't have enough data about PGD2
yes they think it has a function on the brain, body temperature , muscles but we don't know what PGD2 deficiency may lead to
more clinical trials are needed ,
enough data will be available 5 to 10 years later
what i think ? I guess no PGD2 blocking will not have any dangerous side effect , and PGD2 blockers will be available in topicals

B

Beingbaldsucksass

5 to 10 years? My hair don't have this much time!!!!

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
:dunno::dunno:, me too , but it's the minimal average of clinical trials and FDA approval , I wish I were 5 years younger to go directly to anti PGD2 or follicular multiplication

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
This seems to ignore the fact that the treatment will likely be topical (as OC000459). Systemic reactions are unlikely. There are many topical drugs that could present evidence for this. Besides, the whole article became clearly BS when it said PGD2 is required to produce arachidonic acid. It's the other way around. Prostaglandins are further down the cascade than arachidonic acid. The only drug I've seen to possibly deal with PGD2 only blocks the receptor site anyway, so scalp AND serum levels would remain the same.
Who exactly wrote this trash anyway?

one of the guys from the comment section explain why that theory is retarted.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Blocking the receptor means stopping the loss but not reversing the lost hairs right? Someone posted that he reduced the shedding by 80% when he took lorestyne, he also used proscar daily, maybe in conjection with finasteride it works and not alone

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
Dude, that is some Natural Alternative Medicine site, ofc they dont like it...
Just look at the other articles.
Scientific studies show that homeopathy works, vaccines are evil and cause autism etc etc etc.
I wouldnt believe a word of what they say, btw if you read the comments, you can see that the autor has absolutely no clue what he is talking about

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, that is some Natural Alternative Medicine site, ofc they dont like it...
Just look at the other articles.
Scientific studies show that homeopathy works, vaccines are evil and cause autism etc etc etc.
I wouldnt believe a word of what they say, btw if you read the comments, you can see that the autor has absolutely no clue what he is talking about
THIS, THIS, AND THIS

the website is clearly garbage, one of those "natural alternative medicine" proponents *snickers*

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah they always talk about this pgd2 and all the sides and problems stopping it might have. If its a topical there is a pretty good chance the sides will be minimal if any so I dont think sides are going to be a major issue just more if this actually makes a big difference or not.