Amount you use?

James180907

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Sorry to keep posting but I'm just attempting to get all my questions answered before I begin my regime. How much Propecia/Proscar is everyone taking per day? I get the impression that there is little difference, results wise, between taking 0.5 (finasteride?) per day and a higher dose (1.0+) and figure I'd much rather take as small a dose of this stuff as possible.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use 2 mg a day of propecia. Started using 1.25 3-4 years ago and for the past 5 months have been taking 2 mg.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I use 2 mg a day of propecia. Started using 1.25 3-4 years ago and for the past 5 months have been taking 2 mg.

what did you up your dose Kiel?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i use 1.25 cut it in 1/4, did you mean 2.5 mg maibe.. dont know how u got exact 2.0 mg... cant be easy ^^ unless u take 2 propecia pills a day.. thats just wasting cash i think ...

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
5mg proscar cut into 4ths, so 1.25mg.

Hair today, is there much cost advantage in taking 1.25 over 1mg?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bustabucket said:
5mg proscar cut into 4ths, so 1.25mg.

Hair today, is there much cost advantage in taking 1.25 over 1mg?

well.. if u buy propacia 1mg = expensive. proscar cut into 1/4 = alot more cheaper.
proscar cut to 1mg = cheaper then cut into 1/4
so the mg usage shouldnt be the question, it should be the brand you use...

Fincar 5mg = even cheaper then proscar.
i started with proscar and now use fincar.
cheap and easy to get the hair back ;)
by night kirkland minoxidil, by day rogain foam.
REvita shampo.

GL on youre regiment

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take 2 propecia pills a day. Alot of people say it makes no difference but I am certain it makes a difference for me. Propecia teamed up with spironolactone is a leathal combination against DHT. I would suggest to anyone to get spironolactone cream and 2% liquid and apply both twice a day along with propeica and see in about a month how great there scalp feels and then wait a few more months and stop shedding completely.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I take 2 propecia pills a day. Alot of people say it makes no difference but I am certain it makes a difference for me. Propecia teamed up with spironolactone is a leathal combination against DHT. I would suggest to anyone to get spironolactone cream and 2% liquid and apply both twice a day along with propeica and see in about a month how great there scalp feels and then wait a few more months and stop shedding completely.

its in your head...2mg offers not benefit over 1mg...ill trust the science and studies over what you feel.

G

KielMcK said:

So do you have seborrheic dermatitis or why did your scalp feel bad in the 1st place? I have that and don't know if I should hassle with too many topicals.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
T-Gel helps a lot with seborrheic dermatitis. Especially if you let it soak in for 2-3 minutes..."Coal tar is used to treat eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and other skin disorders."