Amazon.com Rogaine 5% Foam **Update**

Mat18

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
You probably dont remember mee...
but im anthony....in 15 and have been going through hair loss since i was 11. (just asked my parents) and i have finally started taking lots of action in the past couple months becuse its been getting worse and worse.

well anyways...i just went to a derm, and he said that my best bet would be to go on rogaine 5% and not do propecia since im so young. and i agreed. :) thankfully, he said that i was most likely in the end stages of this hairloss, and he had a certain name for it....but it was still pattern baldness he said. so hopefully he was right about it being in the final stages.

ANYWAY...thats just a little update...but i do have a question>>

i want rogain FOAM instead of the liquid, but none of the pharmacies here seem to have it.
so i looked online and amazon has a four month supply for $60. :)
BUT my mom said today at the pharmacy the lady said that when they make the 5% percent at the pharmacy it expires in 30 days. and im just wondering if that is the same for rogaiine?? so would most of that 4 month supply expire before i have to use it? or was the pharmacist just unsure of her factss??

also, hopefulyl people using the foam will be able to help me on this. Does the foam leave your hair all stuck together/like after you apply moose and it looks all messy??? or once it dries does it look like you just have normal dry hairr???

i hope you all can helpp!! :)

beaner

Reaction score
Mat18 said:
Hello everyone.
You probably dont remember mee...
but im anthony....in 15 and have been going through hair loss since i was 11. (just asked my parents) and i have finally started taking lots of action in the past couple months becuse its been getting worse and worse.

well anyways...i just went to a derm, and he said that my best bet would be to go on rogaine 5% and not do propecia since im so young. and i agreed. :) thankfully, he said that i was most likely in the end stages of this hairloss, and he had a certain name for it....but it was still pattern baldness he said. so hopefully he was right about it being in the final stages.

ANYWAY...thats just a little update...but i do have a question>>

i want rogain FOAM instead of the liquid, but none of the pharmacies here seem to have it.
so i looked online and amazon has a four month supply for $60. :)
BUT my mom said today at the pharmacy the lady said that when they make the 5% percent at the pharmacy it expires in 30 days. and im just wondering if that is the same for rogaiine?? so would most of that 4 month supply expire before i have to use it? or was the pharmacist just unsure of her factss??

also, hopefulyl people using the foam will be able to help me on this. Does the foam leave your hair all stuck together/like after you apply moose and it looks all messy??? or once it dries does it look like you just have normal dry hairr???

i hope you all can helpp!! :)

I'm assuming you're not from the US since they don't have it in your pharmacies? Well, anyway, the 5% Rogaine foam or any other minoxidil brand you can get online or in most stores in the U.S. usually has an expiration date a couple of years into the future, so that shouldn't be a concern for you. I'm assuming that pharmacy you're speaking of compounds their own solutions and perhaps it isn't any good after 30 days?---I really haven't a clue on that one.

Once the foam dries (just a few minutes) you can comb right through it and it looks like you've applied nothing--it actually has a nice thickening effect. I do feel, though, that it seems to make my hair a bit drier when it gets longer, probably due to the alcohol content. Some don't like the smell of it either. It's got kind of a strong perfumey scent at first, but you won't notice it after a while. I don't mind it personally.

Mat18

Reaction score
Thanks soo much for the reply....well i just went to a pharmacy and they did had brand name rogaine..so they mixed it to make it 5%. I am about to order the 5% foam on amazon. a 4 month supply for 53$....i think that is very cheapp....for the one month supply at the pharmacy of regular lotion it was 55$.
So anyways. i will start using rogaine tonight and start taking pictures. :)