Am I The Only One Who Thinks Wig Wearer's Paranoia Is Way Over Blown?

TheHikingCat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Paranoia that it looks wiggy, paranoia that someone may know, paranoia that it will fall off.

Sure, those three things happen. But these days there's no much reason that any of those things have to. Today, good hair systems look so real that the only people who say they don't are those whose psychology is somewhat affected and biased because the person already knows it's a wig.

Some people have hair that naturally looks dense and wiggy. Heck, I was thinking today that presidential candidate Gary Johnson's hair looks like it could be a piece:
http://truthinmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Gary-Johnson.jpg

But seeing as his hair flowed and looked exactly the same in very young photos of him, I'm inclined to think it very well may be real. And even then, the fact he's hugely prominent right now and hardly anybody is speculating this says that someone can get away having pretty volumous hair without rousing suspicion.
You know, as long as it doesn't look like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/03/e1/da/03e1da74aa554038cafd4278dd79077e.jpg

But yea, I kinda don't get it. If it looks decent, I honestly think most people just think "hair" and don't give it much conscious thought. And even if someone suspected it, if you're in a setting any older than high school it's unlikely they'd say anything and if they touched it, these systems these days flow just like hair anyway.

When people say "Ahh! The anxiety about wearing a wig is so hard!" I'm a bit perplexed at why it need be

shookwun

Reaction score
Do you even wear?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, this isn't the biggest issue. I would straight up tell those I care about that I am wearing a system. I would be a little embarrassed, but I would do it. It's the CONSTANT work and upkeep that I could not deal with. I am a very active person. I like camping, traveling, swimming, sports, etc... I could not travel and camp with a hair system.

I think, the only way to ideally pull it off would be to have people see you both bald and with the system, like Jason Alexander. If you can reach that level of self security where you could show up bald to see your family, then show up with a system that would be kinda awesome. I think?? idk..

TheHikingCat

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, this isn't the biggest issue. I would straight up tell those I care about that I am wearing a system. I would be a little embarrassed, but I would do it. It's the CONSTANT work and upkeep that I could not deal with. I am a very active person. I like camping, traveling, swimming, sports, etc... I could not travel and camp with a hair system.

I think, the only way to ideally pull it off would be to have people see you both bald and with the system, like Jason Alexander. If you can reach that level of self security where you could show up bald to see your family, then show up with a system that would be kinda awesome. I think?? idk..

What I often tend to do is if I am in a situation where I'd really rather have my head be given a break, I'll wear a hat and some blonde wefts underneath which ends up looking like a fringe of hair coming from the hat.

Like say this:
http://www4.pictures.fp.stylebistro.com/Celebs+Arriving+Lakers+Game+TPQ3Sic6TPul.jpg
Works wonders in the winter for things like skiing trips, camping or hiking, I simply just don't take the hat off, even while sleeping.

And Nobody's the wiser because I wear my hair medium length and straight. It's not at all the end of the world if for some reason the hat slipped off (it's happened a couple times but nobody saw). I once had a friend say "baldness doesn't get everyone equally, like you, you're not bald while your dad is". I've had others say similar things; likely they just don't realize I AM bald.

Enough has happened to me in my life that while I prefer to have hair as opposed to say "just shaving it off", I am not too concerned with anyone knowing I wear a wig. There are plenty of REAL troubles in this life.