Am I stupid for considering 0.25mg?

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, question says it all really. I wanted a 1/4 of a Propecia tablet. My hairloss is not dramatic, and I would be happy with maintenance as opposed to re-growth(but wouldn't complain!) and of course it's cheaper..... maybe less sides...... and not to subject my body to a higher does then needed etc etc

Am I mad? Or is it a sensible option?

Thanks!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you're very scared of sides, go for 0.25mg. if not, go for 0.5mg.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Best option for you. No point overdosing on a drug which is pervasive.

bubka

Reaction score
i think its dumb because you could not get results that you could get with 1mg and thus more time and hair wasted

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
i think its dumb because you could not get results that you could get with 1mg and thus more time and hair wasted

Different people react differently. 1mg can produce big sides for some.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
1 mg and 0.25 mg should be generally indistinguishable from each other when it comes to both desired effects and side effects, but there's certainly nothing wrong with experimenting with them to see if you might get lucky and get the best of both worlds.

Bryan

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit finasteride due to sides, then had a lot of hairloss, and decided to restart at .25mg. I'd report that the sides are almost the same for me... but the brain fog is not as big. Reduced semen amount is about the same (and not really something you can imagine, like brain fog) but I'm not terribly concerned about that.

So i figure (unscientifically) that if the sides are almost the same, the desired effects should be about the same.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, sorry for the late reply.

One of the other things I was wondering, would I, or anyone for that matter, be less likely to become immune to the effects of finasteride using a lower dose over time, or does it not work like that?

Thanks again.