am i shedding? please answer im a bit worried

ZLMsLookinUp

Reaction score
well thats the question, am i shedding? they are comming from both the crown and vertex. I began "shedding," if in fact i am, around a month ago, but it was only around 20 hairs at most and some days very very few, I hadnt noticed hair loss ever until about a month ago, i had noticed a bit of a rescession of the hairline, but nothing on the temples really. but i was worried so I didnt waste anytime and quickly went to the dermotologist and he said it was male pattern baldness beginning to set in and he perscriped me propecia. I started taking that last thursday and since then the numbers of hairs ive been losing have been much more. could that b b/c of the propecia, b/c i know when you start taking a medication it may cause a sudden and scarry shed, or is it too early for the medication to have caused this and is it just that my shed that began a month ago is now kicking into high gear? please help, getting worried.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
1 week prolly aint enough for finasteride to start a shed. But hey the hairs should all grow back so try not to stress it. I too am shedding and trying to take my own advice :)

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Worrying about whether or not you are shedding isn't a good use of your time. Just try and focus winning the war, dwelling on everyday battles won't help the situation. :wink: